All reviews no lift train station croissants great location quiet street nice stay breakfast was included on foot visit venice pharmacy alley waterbus bustle boats rialto
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a real nightmare. It's definitely suitable for a horror movie. No air conditioning, no toilet. Had to wait 40 minutes to use it. Terrible smell from the carpet. Just filthy. You cant even take a shower. Never thought something like this exists in Venice

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Edmond E
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Horrible experience - at no where in the listing or communications did it show there would not be AC in the room. They had no other rooms to change and the day was in the high 90*s F. The room was closed on the top floor and over 100*F upon entry. The hotel gave us a fan a told us to open the windows. The room never cooled below 90 during the night and with he windows open - my son and I have dozens of nasty mosquito bites. It is convenient and rooms moderately redone but management was no help. We had to forfeit the 2nd nights pre-pay to find a hotel with AC.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We are a school group of 14. 3 staff and 11 teenage girls. It was an easy 5 minute walk from the station. The rooms are small but veryclean and the bathrooms are fairly modern. They replaced very old TVs whilst were were there with new flatscreens. I was on the first floor facing the wide alley. It was lovely to hear the churchbells ringing out every morning and listen to the bustling alley. Breakfast was well appointed with your standard continental affair. The only thing they didnt accomade with was soya milk. But the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The location is so close to restaurants and vaporetta stops as well asthe pharmacy and touristshops. I highly recomend this boutique hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank FionaMahl
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Was good to get off the train and have a short walk to the hotel. It was very warm and when we booked we were told we had a standard room..on the fifth floor! This involved 10 sets of stairs and landings. No help offered and no lift. The room was very small and stifling hot with a small fan as the only cooling. wifi did not work and we were told to come down to reception if we wanted to use wifi...after a little persuasion they assigned us a superior room with air con on the third floor (we had to pay extra). The room was so small you had to sit on the bed if the other person wanted to move around. Breakfast was included which was average. About an hour walk to St peters square.

Room tip: make sure you book a superior if you are there in the warm weather and do not book if you dont like using stairs.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank chucka4949
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I have made a booking through Booking.com for Hotel Dolomiti in Venice about 8 months prior to my intended stay. About two months ago, due to internet fraud I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one. I always as a courtesy contact my reserved hotels and reconfirm my booking about a week before I leave home, and in this case also did this. I received an answer from the hotel through booking.com that they are awaiting my stay. I also contacted the hotel to let them know that only the last two digits of my card has changed since. I first toured Italy for about a week and then departed on a cruise before my intended one night stay post cruise at Hotel Dolomiti, so I was unable to receive e-mail while cruising. When I arrived at the hotel, I was first totally ignored for about five minutes by the senior gentlemen at check in who was chatting on the phone and it did not sound like a business call as he was frequently laughing and chuckling. When he finally ended the call he informed me that my booking was cancelled as my card was invalid. As I was trying to explain he just kept saying "I cant help you we are fully booked and Venice this weekend is fully booked”. When I told him about my email, he said "show me the mail" as if he did not believe me. It took me some time to retrieve the mail from my trash box and I showed him the mail with the answer I received from the owner herself. When she finally arrived she just kept saying "we got a red button from booking.com to say the card is invalid and then we cancel”. To my horror I learned that it was the weekend of the regatta and the few rooms available was to say the least Hollywood prices! I found only two rooms in Venice for double the rate that I booked the triple room at Dolomiti, and one had a double bed. I quickly booked the twin room and asked the desk clerk to please by phone confirm that we are on our way. This episode has caused such a tremendous lot of stress, anguish and time wasted that it nearly ruined my holiday. The room was cancelled one day before our arrival and I suppose the fact that they could sell it then for double what I booked for 8 months ago had something to do with it.

Room tip: I would never advise to book this hotel, due to the unfriendly uncaring attitude of the owner and staff
Date of stay: June 2017