All reviews st marco square close to st marks croissants would stay again min walk wifi bathroom location ac
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The location is the best part about this hotel. The room is a good size however, it has a slightly creepy feeling about it. The breakfast was basic but nice and loved how it came to the room. It was clean, but the bed was uncomfortable, think it needs a bit of updating. Also the air con in our room was leaking, which we did tell the staff about but it carried on after someone checked it. It wasn't too bad but if I were to visit Venice again I would stay somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Ca' del Duca was our first stop on our whirlwind tour of Europe and we did our best to stick to a modest budget as we were moving around a lot. This was no more difficult then in Venice, where the price of accommodation skyrockets the closer you are to central points like the grand canal or San Marcos Piazza. We were lucky in our finding of Ca' del Duca, a small boutique hotel within walking distance of both major landmarks. This moderately priced hotel offered street views, a comfortable and ornate room, a functional but not very spacious bathroom and even continental breakfast included which we felt was a lovely touch. A few things were difficult however, finding the hotel is exceptionally difficult unless you know exactly where it is as the only signage is on the door in the middle of a busy shopping lane. Also, upon entry you are greeted with a steep staircase up to the rooms which was difficult with suitcases. Finally, the hotel is only staffed briefly in the morning so if you do have difficulties (we didn't fortunately) that could be tricky. All in all though the beautifully decorated rooms and ease of access to main tourist spots made up for a few small issues. Well done.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel was very basic. Not really to much to say apart from small small small. Myself and my partner are not very big people but we struggled. If you are a slightly bigger person and I mean only a size 14 ladies, forget about having a shower. The door only opened 12 inches. Venice on the other hand is amazing would go every day if I could. Beautiful magical place. Only warning hold on to your sandwich in St Marco Square a huge sea gull lol mine clean out of my hands.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel with Booking.com. photos and description of room showed beautiful Venetion style rooms. Our's was far from it ! Saw manager and he said you booked with booking.com this is the Budget room. Photos only show 4 lovely Venetion style rooms nos 10, 12 ,14 ,16. Ours was no 18 !! The only thing nice about the room was the comfortable king size bed which took up the room ! It's a good location but wouldn't stay there again. Disappointed !

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Well -- to tell you from the beginning, this place is impossible to find. Between and across from many boutiques and stores, there is one door that looks like a home. We walked by with four suitcases until a very nice restaurateur took us there by the hand which had a small sign on the door. No sign above or lights saying HOTEL - nothing but a door with an intercom. We ring the intercom and there is an answer. We advise who we are and they buzz us in. Up about 15 carpeted steps with 4-5 bags and I almost killed myself on the last one because it was not attached to the floor. So i tripped right over it an landed on my face. At what you might think was a desk were a set of keys for us and a note of instructions. Never once did we see anyone but on cleaning woman in the entire place -- for 4 days ever. The bathroom was tiny and dirty. I am 5'10" and 210 pound an I could not get through the shower doors. And the bathroom was filthy We could not get the AC to work --we called "whomever, wherever" and he could not understand a word i was saying. Finally he put some one else on the phone to tell us they still considered it the winter season. So we opened noisy windows of people below in the street to try to cool down the room. Then my husband finds an unmarked remote. Well - we played with that and all of a sudden the AC came on --so much about the season. Same as this all four days. You CALL to tell them what kind of breakfast beverage you want and up comes a tray with the two drinks, two glasses of OJ and two croissants with butter and jelly. That's breakfast for your bed and breakfast. Yo get a knock at your door and your tray is just sitting there. No one again. The room looked aged and filthy. We were almost afraid to sleep on the mattresses. It really looked to me like the furnishings out of The Adams Family, as did the scary cleaning woman who was the only person we ever saw. It WAS a great location however. Right near the piazza

Room Tip: Just do not come here if you are looking for a good room or any hospitality at all.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple