“Peaceful and convenient ”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Venice
Centro Culturale Don Orione Artigianelli
Ranked #225 of 388 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Love this place. Easy access from the Academia vaporreto stop. No stairs and quick walk. Lovely rooms. Single beds, but couples understand options. Very convenient to key historic and top chicetti locations.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RNFixers

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Spotless, spacious room. Well-maintained, modern and updated facility in amazingly convenient location mid-way between Zattere stop and Accademia bridge. Front desk staff were unfailingly cordial, helpful, and welcoming. Our room overlooked a quiet former cloister with a distant view of Guidecca Canal. Beds comfortable and clean, with daily housekeeping. Lone elevator was slow during busy times when conferences were in session, but at least there was an elevator. Breakfast offerings were ample but with very limited protein. Grocery 10 minute walk away. Recommended for travelers who don't prioritize luxury but want comfort and clean lodgings.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pamelapancakes
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Venice is not a cheap place to stay and if you are looking for a lot of accommodation for a group in one place it's even harder. The Don Orione is a former nunnery and the accommodations are appropriately sparse. They have been recently decorated and upgraded so all the rooms are ensuite, but there are no frills such as TVs or kettles and suchlike. But you're not going to be in the room much, so it doesn't matter.
It's well situated for visiting the city as it sits between the Accademia and Zattere vaporetto stops. That close to the Accademia also means it's about a 15 min walk from San Marco. There are plenty of Gelateria, Trattoria and Restaurants in the vicinity so you don't have to go far for food if you don't want to.
Conference facilities - meeting rooms etc. - are also available as is free (though slow) wifi throughout the buildings.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank LymondSevigny
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I stayed there 4 nights to attend a writing workshop organised by Pink Pangea, Since it was not my first time in Venice, I packed very light, but was very happy to find out that the hotel is actually 5min away from the vaporetto stop and you don't need to cross bridges and carry around our luggage for miles/km (even though all the little bridges and alleys are very charming).
It used to be a monastery, so the decoration is religiously starkly. I didn't mind all the religious items, even though I'm not Catholic. My room was big and very clean, with the windows facing the courtyard. I was the only who had mosquitos, but they gave me mosquito repellent tablets to plug in and it was ok in the end.

The breakfast was not great, so I would recommend you to go out and try the cafes/restaurants. But the location is great . Close to the Canal, the vaporettos, nice restaurants and 15min walk to Piazza San Marco.

I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic stay, but if your budget is a bit tight it's a ery good option.
I usually chose fancier hotels, but for the writing retreat it was great. We had our workshops in one of the courtyard every morning and the fact that it was quiet and peaceful actually helped a lot to find inspiration.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2016

I traveled here in May with my 19-year-old daughter and we stayed about a week. I booked at the last minute and this was all I could find, although I was hoping for a small apartment ideally. It turned out to be located a perfect distance from Piazza San Marco. We could easily walk there and back encountering beautiful views along the way and not getting lost, which is no small thing in Venice. Unknown to me our proximity to the water bus, especially when bringing our luggage (just carry-on size roller boards) was especially convenient. We saw people every day trying to maneuver their luggage up stairs and over bridges to get to where they needed to be. The room was large, especially by European standards, and sterile looking. The beds were comfortable and, since there is to traffic in Venice, the room was wonderfully quiet with the windows open. The main sound was bird song. I suspect the walls are thin as one night we heard chatter nearby for ages. The facility does not attract noisy people though so there was no repeat. Breakfast was OK but there was no option for cappuccino from the coffee machine. The milk was only offered cold so to get a coffee with milk meant cold coffee. I eventually solved that by asking in Italian for a cup of warmed milk, which was graciously provided. That was probably my biggest grip since coffee is essential to me in the AM and coffee with milk at breakfast is a common request. For the price per night they could stand to use the cappuccino feature on their machine or provide a thermos of hot milk. The room was well cleaned but the staff came a bit early, just as we were going down for breakfast. A couple of days we were skipped because of language issues related to when we were coming back. The towels were odd but worked. They were like table clothes rather than a traditional terrycloth. They dried faster though so perhaps its a Venice thing.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family