See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Great quiet place to stay, adventureous first time to approach it in dark , pls take checking in time seriously and make sure all your phone is charged just in case for fatalities ;)
However you will be rewarded back instantly once you enter this place how nice and peaceful it is and what a lovely couple running it.
it is not crowded,clean,great spacious bedrooms with great view, no bunk beds yay, have handy lockers and great that you can cook etc in the kitchen (supermarket super close) and have handy to be recycled toiletries. Worth to pay extra if u wish to have a good good sleep after wandering around the canals ;)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at the Silk Road Hostel. The staff is really friendly and helpful! The room was huges and fitted with 4 normal beds. It is not in the center of Venice, but everything is within walking distance. There is also a cool place to go near the hostel to have drinks. I would love to come back!
Cheers! Lena

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent two nights here. He hates hostels but because of our budget we were forced to stay in them all over Italy. This one he said was the most comfortable. Although we did have two other people in our room. The room was big and spacious (4 single beds). Lotttts of dresser space and places to hang up clothing. The lockers were provided with a key! There were two large windows which allowed for great airflow and the room never smelt. The bathroom was great! Not fancy but new and super clean! It's the only shower in Europe where I felt it was safe not to wear sandals in! Great amount of hot water and water pressure. Again there was a huge window in the bathroom so lots of air flow and it never smelt like hot shower. The staff were extremely welcoming and informative. Breakfast was included which included toast, cheese packages, cereal, pastries, jam and juice. I often missed breakfast though and the kitchen is then locked. They allow you to keep your bags in their office until 3pm even after you have checked out! Which was so helpful and amazing. The location is only a 20 min walk from the train station. I would suggest bringing a backpack and not a suitcase as there are so many bridges. There is also a grocery store a few doors down and the view from this hostel was really nice, right on the water! I would definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Katie H
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Not the best hostel I have stayed in. You need to take a water taxi to get here or you can walk for over a hour through the city. It doesn't really have a hostel feel. I stayed in a four bed dorm which was spacious and clean. The kitchen is rather small and closed during the day. It appears that this place used to be owned or run by others as there were a lot of thank you cards on the wall. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Spacious rooms
Nice view
Clean
Friendly staff
Decent breakfast
Near by water taxi station
5 mins walk from famous academia bridge
At night nearby places becomes very quiet
Enough power socket, wifi, individual night lamps.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo