All reviewsrialto bridgegreat locationsmall elevatorrooms are smallcity taxshort stayvenetian stylemin walkst marks squaregrand canalpastrieseuroschurchmuranopalace
Reviewed 10 March 2018

A good position near the Rialto bridge. A typical central Venice hotel, old and interesting, narrow and tall, with fairly small rooms and some very small bathrooms as expected. Good breakfast, great coffee machine. A good restaurant for dinner also.

But what was exceptional were the very helpful hotel staff.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank SandyChurchStretton
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Very pleasantly surprised by this lovely quaint little hotel. The room we were given was a large room with two windows facing the front of the hotel, couldn't have asked for a lovelier room or nicer view from this hotel. Decorated with traditional looking furniture and a nice size bathroom. Walking around the hotel I think this was one of the bigger and lovelier rooms. Great location, the staff were helpful and nice. The breakfast room which is the hotel's restaurant was very nice, breakfast was average, not a lot of variety. I would definitely stay at this hotel again in the same room.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2017

This was such a lovely little quaint place tucked away from the busy streets of Venice but the pasta we ordered was not good. I was really disappointed as I had such beautiful memories of Venice. Both my husband Pasta with squid ink and my plain pasta with tomato sauce was actually terrible. Almost like it had been reheated over and over again so sloppy.Maybe chef had a bad day, I dont know but we could not eat it and all went in the bin.I dont like to write bad reviews but when a customer isn't happy they should at least discount the bill.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Once we found the hotel it was very easy to navigate ourselves around venice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant was fantasic with great foid and service. You even got a discount as we were staying in the hotel. Decor was very old and felt like you are visiting grandma which was a very nice home feeling. Ensuites were very small and shower was not very good. Bonus was it had a lift so dont have to lug bags up the stairs

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The staff at Malibran were very helpful. The hotel is understandably small as space is at a premium in Venice. Our first room was not what we booked 6 months before, and the staff gave us a larger room with a bath. However both rooms had toilet cisterns that didn't flush (we had to use the toilet behind reception and I had to remove the wall panel to reverse the toilet plunger each time it was used). The second room also flooded the floor when showering, no matter what was done with the shower curtain. They seemed to appreciate the feedback. Venice was nonetheless delightful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple