All reviews lagoon view no lift great location grand canal riva degli schiavoni water bus attached restaurant higher floor lots of hot water st marks square san marco square first floor blue line pleasant stay visiting venice highly recommend this hotel the hotel is clean
Reviewed 31 October 2014

A great little hotel right on the Lagoon front. Easy to reach as the water bus and Airport water bus stop right outside at San Zaccaria. Hotel staff were very helpful and the rooms were clean and every thing worked well with nice comfortable beds. Get a room with a Lagoon view and watch the passing water traffic. Only 5 minutes walk to St Mark's square, we also found lots of restaurants in the streets behind the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a Lagoon view room, while these are obviously at the front and overlook the bustling water frontage the views are superb.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2014

I want to start by saying I didn't stay here, but had an amazing customer service experience!

I recently was communicating with the hotel via their Facebook page about my up coming visit and what might be able to be done for my mom's birthday. I checked my email this morning to an email from the hotel that they didn't see my reservation on file. They were following up with me which I thought was amazing. Turns out that due to the hotel's availability I wasn't able to book with them because they didn't have space for us.

I thought it was so nice of Michele to email me and make sure everything was set. To me that kind of service is hard to come by now days!

Thank you so very much! I wish I was able to stay at your property while I will be Venice.

Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed 6 October 2014

We have just got back from a two night stay (Friday/Saturday) at the Wildner and I cannot find fault in this fab little hotel.
The 3 of us, Husband, 4 year old son and myself, all enjoyed our stay. The location is fantastic, right on the main waterway from the St Marco Polo airport at the San Zaccaria ferry stop and less than 10 mins walk to St Mark's square, with all its museums, one way, then about 15-20 mins walk to the Public park / Napoleons park in the other direction.
You are also only a couple of mins from the Navel Museum and Arsenale...
The room was clean, very venetian and all the aircon and bathroom etc worked fantastic. We had 2 very nice nights sleep... The breakfast was nice, continental, and served in the Bistro at the front of the hotel, you can sip your morning coffee whislt watching Venice come to life....
All hotel staff were very freindly and helpful - We will definately go back.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Flooze1974
Reviewed 25 September 2014

A very comfortable small hotel overlooking the grand canal, towards St George Island, right on the ferry and gondola wharf, only a couple of hundred meters from St Marks square. The rooms are comfortable and clean with good bathroom, staff are friendly and helpful. Double glazing and air conditioning quieten the passing parade. There is no lift, however. The hotel has an excellent restaurant, we ate in several times by preference - the menu was innovative and the cooking and service were first rate. Michaeli, the concierge, was a gem, with many helpful suggestions. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We would recommend the 1st floor front - great view and access.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2014

My first remark when we entered the room was "oh my god, did we hit the jackpot when choosing this hotel, or what?" The room was beautiful and had 3 windows looking out over the Grand Canal. We had just gotten off of a cruise ship and where able to drop our bags downstairs and the wonderful desk clerk hauled them up the stairs for us (thank you Michele!). The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice and big. We had plenty of room for the 3 of us to move around and I loved standing and looking out the windows, people watching. I would definitely stay here again, if I ever make it back to Venice.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends