All reviews lagoon view no lift great location grand canal water bus attached restaurant higher floor lots of hot water san marco square st marks square first floor highly recommend this hotel the hotel is clean walked everywhere each morning beautiful city breakfast was included
Reviewed 12 October 2014

I want to start by saying I didn't stay here, but had an amazing customer service experience!

I recently was communicating with the hotel via their Facebook page about my up coming visit and what might be able to be done for my mom's birthday. I checked my email this morning to an email from the hotel that they didn't see my reservation on file. They were following up with me which I thought was amazing. Turns out that due to the hotel's availability I wasn't able to book with them because they didn't have space for us.

I thought it was so nice of Michele to email me and make sure everything was set. To me that kind of service is hard to come by now days!

Thank you so very much! I wish I was able to stay at your property while I will be Venice.

Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed 6 October 2014

We have just got back from a two night stay (Friday/Saturday) at the Wildner and I cannot find fault in this fab little hotel.
The 3 of us, Husband, 4 year old son and myself, all enjoyed our stay. The location is fantastic, right on the main waterway from the St Marco Polo airport at the San Zaccaria ferry stop and less than 10 mins walk to St Mark's square, with all its museums, one way, then about 15-20 mins walk to the Public park / Napoleons park in the other direction.
You are also only a couple of mins from the Navel Museum and Arsenale...
The room was clean, very venetian and all the aircon and bathroom etc worked fantastic. We had 2 very nice nights sleep... The breakfast was nice, continental, and served in the Bistro at the front of the hotel, you can sip your morning coffee whislt watching Venice come to life....
All hotel staff were very freindly and helpful - We will definately go back.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Flooze1974
Reviewed 25 September 2014

A very comfortable small hotel overlooking the grand canal, towards St George Island, right on the ferry and gondola wharf, only a couple of hundred meters from St Marks square. The rooms are comfortable and clean with good bathroom, staff are friendly and helpful. Double glazing and air conditioning quieten the passing parade. There is no lift, however. The hotel has an excellent restaurant, we ate in several times by preference - the menu was innovative and the cooking and service were first rate. Michaeli, the concierge, was a gem, with many helpful suggestions. Highly recommended.

Room tip: We would recommend the 1st floor front - great view and access.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2014

My first remark when we entered the room was "oh my god, did we hit the jackpot when choosing this hotel, or what?" The room was beautiful and had 3 windows looking out over the Grand Canal. We had just gotten off of a cruise ship and where able to drop our bags downstairs and the wonderful desk clerk hauled them up the stairs for us (thank you Michele!). The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice and big. We had plenty of room for the 3 of us to move around and I loved standing and looking out the windows, people watching. I would definitely stay here again, if I ever make it back to Venice.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2014

What a wonderful surprise we had when we arrived at Pensione Wildner. We were greeted by the most friendly desk clerk, Michele Silverstro, who upgraded our room to the second floor so we didn't have to trudge up to the third floor. Our room was lovely, with a beautiful bathroom and three windows that looked directly on to the Grand Canal. A Murano/Venetian Glass chandelier graced the ceiling.

We were steps away from the Bridge of Sighs, St. Mark's Square and all related sights. PLUS the water Taxi stations were right outside the door. We arrived very early and our rooms were not yet ready. NO problem!, we left our bags in the lobby and when we returned discovered that Michele had lugged those heavy suitcases, ALL of them, up to our room. What a gem he is! I owned my own hotel for ten years and would hire him if I could!!

They have an on site restaurant which we could not try as it was closed the one day we were there, but it also looks out over the Canal. For the money you couldn't get a better value and a more charming place to stay.

We left very early the next day for Rome but they still had breakfast for us, earlier than normal. I would very much like to return to Venice and stay with Pensione Wildner again. Excellent staff, excellent location. Loads of charm.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends