“Amazing cooperation from this hotel”
Review of Hotel Wildner

Hotel Wildner
Ranked #192 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Valletta, Malta
“Amazing cooperation from this hotel”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I booked this hotel for the 12th of February for 3 nights but due to the snowstorm in Rome our flights were delayed and thus missed our flight to Venice. I informed the hotel that we could not arrive (as flights the next day were full) and asked them to hold our prepayment for our next trip to Venice. Although when I booked the conditions clearly stipulated that no refunds were due in case of not turning up, the management of the hotel kindly kept our money on account for our next trip to Venice. This is amazing cooperation from this hotel bearing in mind that I stay in hotels minimum 3 months every year. It is so nice when hotels understand us visitors. I look forward to my next visit to Venice.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adtombeck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Indiana
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My wife, 2 adult children (18 & 21) and I stayed here December 18 through the 20th of 2011. It was recommended by another Tripadvisor visitor. We booked the Quad facing the lagoon. The hotel is within walking distance of the Alilaguna taxi stand, the vaporetto, gondola rides, Ponte di Rialto (Rialto Bridge), Piazza San Marco/ Basilica Cattedrale Patriarcale di San Marco (St. Mark's Basilica), San Zaccaria and much more.

The taxi from the airport took about 40 minutes. Upon check-in the room was clean and the view was amazing - looking out across the lagoon. The hotel had (has?) a special where if you "like" them on Facebook you get 25 free hours of WiFi. It was a little difficult getting this across to the staff at the hotel as we did not speak Italian but we got it worked out. There is a very good restaurant on site with great views of the lagoon. It is apparently a spot for locals as well as they were crowded most days/nights. They have great food although it is a little pricey but I think you get what you pay for. I agree with the one reviewer where he/she stated they have a love/hate relationship with the hotel - love the hotel but hate to spread the good news for fear that it will be so popular that there will be no availability. The only negative thing I could say about the hotel (and they have no control over this) is we would be awakened each morning by a jackhammer where a pier was being reconditioned. You could get something like this almost anywhere and, as I stated, it was not under the control of the hotel. I'm sure the work is complete by now. The hotel itself doesn't have any activities for young children - any more than I could imagine much more of Venice would.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a need for 4 beds and would prefer a good view I would recommend the Quad facing the lag...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Travelers4rwe
ohio
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Sadly we only had one night in Venice so wanted to be close to San Marco and not have to go too far with our suitcases.
The hotel is literally in front of the #2 vaporetta stop San Zaccaria and a few minutes from the #1 stop. We arrived prior to check in and were able to leave our suitcases, allowing us to head out for sight seeing.
I had requested a room on a lower floor, knowing there was no elevator, and room 18 was perfect for us, just at the top of the staircase on the 1st floor. The room was very nice and the bathroom clean, spacious and modern.
The restaurant was closed so we didn't get to eat there but did enjoy the very complete breakfast looking over the canal in the morning.
Elvio and the staff were very helpful and friendly, it couldn't have been a better trip to Venice.
We had a great stay and enjoyed the hotel and walking around the area, minutes from San Marco. Send me a PM if you have any questions.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank plan09
liverpool
Reviewed 16 January 2012

hi we have just returned from venice went 12/01 to 15/01/12 we booked the hotel wildner but got a email to say hotel would be closed due to work being done and would we mind taking a apartment which was just the back of the hotel a 2 minute walk it was a 2bed 2bath over 2 floors and there was just me and my wife the bed was huge bigger than my own king size bed and was very cosy . as others have said the hotel is in a perfect location and i would return here again loved it

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank baino
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Me and my boyfriend had decided to visit venice during decmeber we thought the weather would have been cold but turned out to be quite warm, arriving at the airport and collecting baggage was pretty straight forward. We decided to take a water bus (alilaguna-blue line. one way price was 15euros p.p) and got off at the stop named s.zacaria and the hotel was directly infront of the stop. The hotel itself was located in a brilliant place right in the midst of san marco square. The hotel staff were nice and helpful, but the 1st mission was getting up the, what felt, never ending stairs. we were located right at the 4th floor with a lagoon view. now, the lagoon view was paid extra, but frankly, we could of got the same view through normal windows. the bed was cosy but the room itself was a little cramped. the 2nd mission was to find a reasonable place to eat, after reading about the high prices of dining in venice. the 1st night, we ate at the hotel, and i have never been appalled with how little food we received at such a high price, and it wasn't exactly fancy (four pieces of ravioli cost 15euros, 330ml of water was 6euros). i would recommend to go to a supermarket, or a small grocery shop to buy small bits like water and drinks etc.

The views were brilliant and would highly recommend a gondola tour (80 euros).

Whilst our time there, we managed to find a little restaurant named Antica Sacrestia venizia which did 3 course meals for 20euros.

regarding shopping, everything is pricey, but at the markets, you may have a chance to haggle. the further away from san marco, the cheaper everything is.

on the last day, we took a water taxi back to the airport which took around 25mins and cost 100euros.

All in all, was a great experience, but i personally think i will not be returning just because of the dear prices and just for the experience we had.

I hope this review has given you an idea of how the holiday and prices were.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: try to be sure to get a room nearer to the bottom floor, as the stairs are quite much if you have ju...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple