Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,279 results
All reviews train station former monastery grand canal no elevator pastries breakfast room cheese suitcases europe taxis porter roma map
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2022

We loved our stay at Abbazia! Each member of the staff we encountered was helpful and friendly. The location was within easy walking distance to the Venezia Santa Lucia and the water buses and taxis on the Grand Canal. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. This was our first time staying at Abbazia and will be back when we come back to Venice.

Date of stay: December 2021
2  Thank AnthonyM756
Reviewed 11 November 2021 via mobile

Thank you for a great stay! Everyone at the hotel is so friendly and helpful! It was an easy walk from the train station, even with my large bags. Another plus is the many water boat and transportation options right outside of the hotel. Getting to the airport was super easy as well; the hotel arranged a recommended porter who brought my bags to the Plz Roma express bus to the airport for 5 euro per bag. He was very friendly and helpful as well (and needed to cross the bridge with stairs).

The hotel is super clean and my room was spacious. I had a room facing the street walkway which had some noise but I didn’t mind. After 4 weeks in Italy I was very accustomed to it. I will certainly stay again during my next Venice adventure!

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kim883355
Reviewed 19 October 2021

The good -
Location is great. Easy walk from airport shuttle or train station. Close to many restaurants and boat bus stop.
Room was large, clean and air conditioning works well.
Building is historic

The bad -
Beds are HARD and bedding and furniture are worn.
Bathroom products are gel soap and shampoo, refilled in generic bottles and seemingly the cheapest they could obtain in bulk.
There are a lot of steep stairs and no elevator. Not handicapped, elderly or heavy luggage friendly.
Court yard is dirty. Lots of gnats and mosquitos. It appears they don't sweep or wash the cobblestones where breakfast eaters drop crumbs.
Breakfast hours are 8-10. Forget about a coffee before an early tour. They berate you if you enter the breakfast room off hours to get a coffee or tea. There is no place in the hotel to buy a coffee.

I'll return to Venice this summer, but I'm going to stay elsewhere. A comfortable bed, a water view and a higher consideration for guest needs can be had for the same price at dozens of hotels.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Justine H
Reviewed 5 October 2021

One night in Venice...staff was Sooo friendly and if your taking the train it's literally a 5 minute walk!!! Don't listen to others the Breakfast was the best we had in all of Europe!! Room was clean and yes a tad dated but the price and location were perfect for us!...great lobby/lounge and the stored our luggage safely for 10 hours after we checked out! A+

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2021 via mobile

Good price for Venice. Very old building (former monastery) but very clean and with very friendly staff. Breakfast was ok, if you go during summer try to sit at the lovely garden. Rooms were ok without bath and shampoo! Wifi free and fast. There is no elevator so if you have any problem ask for room at the groundfloor.

Room tip: No Elevator so if you have any disability ask a room at the groundfloor
Date of stay: August 2021