18 people are viewing this hotel
travelup.comUS$166
TraveluroUS$160
Lol.travelUS$172
3,701 results
All reviews train station grand canal rooftop bar water bus across the bridge lovely hotel piazzale roma venetian style gondola ride st marks location was perfect your luggage pastries stay in venice taxis porter cruise
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2022

Hotel was very nice, reception was clean and staff spoke great english and were helpful in buying our waterbus tickets from.
The rooms were old and dated but this was great as it gave an authentic venetian look to them. The bathrooms were modern and everything worked.
Only negative about the room was the lack of air conditioning, made for an uncomfortable nights sleep. I did open the windows which slightly helped but was still very warm, and I ended up bitten by mosquitoes.
Breakfast was good, self serve coffee which was great!
I would stay again, but in cooler months!

Reviewed 10 May 2022

Our tour group chose this hotel for us and you can bet I gave them an earful about it.
First, a few positives - it is very convenient to the train station. And it has a nice rooftop bar. And I liked the line of toiletries in the bathroom, they smelled very nice. And breakfast buffet was fine, though every breakfast buffet in Italy seems to have runny eggs, which I refuse to eat. But there was still plenty to choose from.
Now - the negatives. The bed is FIRM. And by firm, I mean as hard as a rock. There was NO getting comfortable on that thing. We both slept poorly. In part because... there was NO A/C! The room was sweltering during the day and barely tolerable at night. We spoke to front desk clerk, who tried to feed me a line about nowhere in Italy has A/C till May 1, which I knew was a lie because I had already been numerous places with it. He did not seem to care at all. We could open the bedroom window and bathroom window for some air, but even using the shutter/screen type mechanism they have, we still got enough mosquitoes to make sleeping difficult. And the outside noise was another unpleasant thing - our room was next to the courtyard where they apparently dump the trash at night.
Also, the fridge was hot. I asked for a repair, but it was unusable the whole time. And this was the only hotel we stayed at that didn't have a coffeemaker in the room. And the bathroom sink had no space to set things out, it was a pedestal sink. Also, the half-door for the shower made things tricky. How do you shower without putting water all over the floor? This was our last stop in Italy before returning home and we were glad to leave it.

Reviewed 5 May 2022

We are fortunate to finally return to this hotel we loved when we first came here in 2013!

Nothing has changed... which we are delighted about! My husband says " Must mention the Awesome Breakfast" The food not only looks good but actually IS GOOD! The location is directly across the Grand canal from the train station. However, we had a canal front room and NEVER heard a train! This visit makes 12 nights we have stayed here so we say don't worry a bit about that!

As we were arriving from Rome by train we were concerned about getting our luggage across the Bridge (80 steps) But "NO PROBLEM" a porter loaded it onto a cart and for 20Euros hauled it to the hotel for us! A real Blessing!

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank maryloustrain
Reviewed 4 May 2022 via mobile

Check in was speedy and efficient. We were early and surprised our room was ready. The room was just lovely. Classic room. It was two singles pushed together, but must places do that now. The decor was plush and gave an instant Venitian feel. No air con in the classic room, but we expected this as it made that clear on the booking. It was hot. But not uncomfortable. I can imagine that would change in the hotter months.

Hotel staff were great. We booked the private water taxi transfer on the website and there was no issue with this. It started the break off with a real Hollywood movie star vibe as you arrive on their own private jetty. Reception staff were great. They were helpful and booked a boat tour and our taxi return to the airport with no problems. We had called to book a table for the roof top bar, there was confusion over this. But it all got sorted with no problem.

Rooms also come with shampoo, body wash and conditioner. The water front tables are lovely to sit and people watch. Just be aware of some dodgy characters who look like they're watching ready to pounce and steal your phone/wallet. But this is the same anywhere to be honest.

Breakfast was amazing. Loads of choice and it's constantly refreshed with plenty of staff around to help.

All in all an amazing stay. I'm sure we'll be back again as it's such a lovely hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2022 via mobile

Me and my wife visited Venice and stayed for 4 nights. Checking is was not a problem, front of house was welcoming and checked us in. Room not exactly what was expected and it was two single bed classes as a double. Bathroom was a decent size shower worked perfectly. Am sure the hotel air con was part of the stay but it was like someone glue it together for show, meaning a few unpleasant sweaty nights. Breakfast is what you pay for, does the job. Roof top bar a real assets to the hotel and location next to the water boats really helps. One thing I have to bring up I tired to book reservations and my return to the air port with the help from hotel as I don’t speak much Italian, the same guy both time said he rang for the restaurant he said they were fully booked, which was not true. Then confirmed my departure time for 8.30, when it was for 9.00 I would have preferred him to say I don’t want to help you instead of just making it up.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple