1,328 results
All reviewsjunior suitecanal viewrialto bridgewater taxibeautiful hotelbreakfast roomgondola ridewalk in showerboutique hotelpastrieshuge bathroomsmall canalreception staffvisit venicethe location is perfectst marks squarethe ground floor
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We have been several times in Venice , but this time decided to spend a night there. This hotel is ranked quite high on tripadvisor and it is definitely true. The hotel is located in the Venice center, it takes about 10 min by foot to get to San Marco. From the parking you can reach the hotel by boat taxi, the price is 70-80 Euro per boat, it takes about 20 minutes - enough to have a glass of Lambrusco on the way:)) We booked a double room but surprisingly had an upgrade to a suite, although a hotel was fully booked. Definitely recommend it and will stay there next time!!!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ivan S
Reviewed 11 January 2013

The Aqua Palace Hotel was the best hotel my G/F and I stayed in during our 3 week trip through Italy. We stayed in the Jr. Suite and it was class all the way. The decor, furnishings and roominess were all top notch. The motif of the room can best be described as traditional with a modern flair. The bed was quite comfortable and the bathroom was large with a terrific marble walk-in shower. The hotel is a bit hard to find but is located in the perfect spot, quiet yet within a short walking distance to all the shopping and sights. The staff was very gracious and helpful, and a special nod to the efficient and friendly breakfast lady. We travel quite a bit and Aqua Palace ranks as one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Congratulations on an excellent property.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We traveled to Venice at the end of November and had a great stay at the Aqua Palace. The room was clean- bed and furnishings are pretty new and the bathroom was spotless and looked brand new as well. The location was a 5 minute walk to the Rialto and about the same to San Marco once you found the right street! Despite this the location was very quiet and felt out of the way even in the heart of everything. We stayed in the cheapest room in the inn, so were next to the elevator. You could faintly hear it in our room, but it did not bother us and the room was still a great size, especially for a city hotel. The other rooms looked huge and would likely warrant the full 5 star rating. Breakfast was also great- yogurt, cereal, pastries, eggs, everything fresh and plenty to satisfy even my 6 month pregnant appetite. The front desk and wait staff (especially the waitress at breakfast!) were attentive and nice. One tip: Look up the directions before you arrive in Venice if you plan to come by train. It is really close to the Rialto Vapporetto stop, but the street is not on all the maps and there is another street with the same name all the way up north in Cannereggio. I've been to Venice a few times before and was confused, so first-timers should definitely get directions from the hotel and bring a good map, which is an essential in Venice at all times anyway. In sum, I would definitely come back to Aqua Palace and highly recommend it. Well maintained, spacious hotels in great locations in Venice are hard to find.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cindy1115
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I have just returned from Venice for a short break and enjoyed my stay very much. The staff were friendly, helpful and very polite. Rooms were excellent and cleaned every day. One of the best 4star's I have stayed in.

W arrived By Water taxi, 95euro (private boat) from the airport but returned on the water bus / vaporetti ferries 14 euro from the Rialto bridge, was much cheaper but less cool.

I would eat lunch at the stand up bars in the city much cheaper than a restaurant and the food can be better. Some great restaurants in Venice, the guide books are pretty accurate in their recommendations.

Good for couples, sightseers. Not so good for party or young family's

Enjoy

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Normal30yrguy
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Just completed a stay at the Aqua Palace and could not have been happier with the location, service, breakfast selection, room, bathroom or service. No real complaints except somehting that is outside of the control of the hotel, and that is the garbage collection by the City of Venice. It seems like they are outside the hotel every morning somewhat early as the property is right on the canal. They can be a little loud, although they seem to try to not be.
FYI, we had a Junior Suite which was ample. I did not see the regular rooms so I cannot opine on them.
Silvia in the breakfast area is charming and very endearing and remembered our names after the first day. Little things like this make a huge difference.
Front desk very helpful with dinner reservations and recommendations, as well as arranging transportation for us. I could not have been happier with the hotel, which is not the same I can say for Venice....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple