“Aqua Palace Hotel”
Review of Aqua Palace Hotel

Aqua Palace Hotel
Ranked #44 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband and just returned from an anniversary trip that included a cruise through Italy and the Dalmation Coast. We stayed at the Aqua palace for two nights and loved it! The location was superb, the staff friendly and very accomodating. The breakfast was perfect. What I loved about this hotel was how quiet it was considering the crowds in Venice. It was an easy five minute walk to San Marco or Rialto. The hotel also had a complimentary launch service to Murano. We highly recommend Aqua Palace and would return.

1  Thank Carol F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed 6 October 2011

A little out of the way, which can be an oasis after the frenzy of Rialto & San Marco, impeccabable service, from greetings staff at receptions, Gabriele et Co., luggage assistance, breakfast room Silvia, the best "uova strapazzate" are hers. Standard room lacked view, over roof tops but did not expect different, spacious, cleaned and sheets changed daily, evening turned down, bath room great, fab amenities, from AP complimentary slippers & zippered AP bag, Assistance with anything from Reception,concerts, appointment with hair sculptor, beautiful environment, made the three nights fly and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Great location, difficult to find first time, but with water taxi assistance from the reception, REC...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Following reviews, ratings and pictures on tripadvisor we selected this hotel and reserved a suite for 3 nights end of September. The hotel was just what we wanted a smaller boutique hotel with an excellent location and good service. The junior suite was very spacious and comfortable with a view on a narrow canal. The breakfast was delicious . The staff was VERY forthcoming. Although when the water is low the canal smells a bit, we did not feel it in the room nor in any other part of the hotel.

Room Tip: The only thing I would advise is that if you like to sleep until late you should prefer a room towar...
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Just got back from a 2 week vacation in Italy to celebrate our 2 year anniversary, and Venice was our first stop. I booked this hotel from the trip advisor ratings, pictures, and reviews. I was looking for a boutique and modern hotel and this hotel was just that. We stayed at the Aqua Palace for 2 nights and everything was just great. It took us a little while to find the hotel because of the alleys but once you know your way around, its very easy. The hotel is in a excellent location and very close to everything. I mentioned to the hotel that it was a our 2nd year annivesary and if they can give us a good room, and they did just that. The room was very spacious and clean and when you open up the windows your view is of the grand canal. The breakfast was great, it had some hot selections and a assortment of cheeses,bread,jams and spreads and anything else you want. The staff was great and friendly. The only thing that I would mention that I did not find great about the hotel is that when you check in they give you a list of services and tours they can book for you and one is a tour of the islands. They say it is free and you will have a taxi pick you up and take you there. We left around 11 am and the water taxi picked us up, and that was great because we could see more of venice from a boat, but when they drop you off at a glass factory they make you take a tour of the factory and they show you demonstrations of how to blow glass. That was great, but then afterwards I felt that they were very pushy and pressuring you to buy pieces (which were quite pricey!). And then when you were finished, instead of going on a private water taxi they send you back on the public transport. But other than that, everything was excellent and Aqua Palace made our stay in Venice memorable and I hope to return soon one day.

1  Thank aafendy
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I went for 3 days in Venice for a conference and stayed at Aqua Palace hotel in a junior suite with my wife. The hotel location is great at walking distance from Rialto and San Marco with direct access to a canal for motor boat and gondolas. The room was lovely with absolutely no bad smell in typical venitian style large enough with a magnificient view on a narrow canal and a large bathroom with a more than confortable shower . The morning breakfast was delicious a mix of english breakfast and italian espresso / cappuccino /brioche breakfast. Service was very friendly and professional.
But some glitches do not allow me to give maximum rating:
Entering in the lobby we where shocked by a very bad smell that persisted for the whole period of our stay
The breakfast menu lacked freshly squeezed orange juice which i consider a plus.
The staff is nice but not really focused on customer needs. In the morning of the first day I found out that i forgot my shaving kit and i was not very pleased to go to my morning meeting without shaving. I asked to the hotel staff but after some time they said that they could not find. So I had to go to the meeting without shaving. In the evening I had another meeting and i asked again but the answer was : we have ordeed it but still not delivered . Therefore I had to rush out and find (not easy in venice) a supermarket to buy a shaving kit.
In conclusion a lovely hotel that could be perfect with more attention to details.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business