“Not listed as one of the top restaurants and I'm not sure why”
Review of Osteria 1518 - CLOSED

Osteria 1518
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed 4 July 2015

This is not along the beaten path but I suggest you beat a path to it. Walk straight back from the S. Basilio vaporetti stop. One of the best meals we had in Venice! The food is outstanding and the wait staff and owner treated us like we were there regular customers. I wish we could have gone twice!

Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

We stumbled upon this amazing gem and it was one of the best meals I've ever had! From the excellent service from Alex and his wife Sophia to the phenomenal chef, Cliff, we had the foodie's dream. Shrimp scampi (raw), oysters, Ombrina (bronzino cousin) perfectly baked in sea salt, strawberry Tiramisu to chocolate mousse...spectacular!!!!

Reviewed 19 June 2015

This Restaurant was a medicine for my Soul - cozy ambiente, kind staff, superb food (seafood, salads) and wine... Only one minus - no desserts... We found it accidently, but after a hard day in Venice (20km walk) was this relaxing cozy restaurant really a gift :-) Definitely a must for my next Venice - trip

Reviewed 16 June 2015

This restaurant is just off the Dorsoduro zattere waterfront so there are no views, although we ate outside on a warm, sunny aftternoon. However we enjoyed excellent seafood and friendly, non obsequious service from our host. Food is good value. Would definuitely return.

Reviewed 12 June 2015

Situated close to the San Basilio vaporetto stop on Dorsoduro, down small lane just off the waterfront - half a dozen no frills outdoor pavement tables but no views. Very local and unassuming, easy to mistake just for a bar. Excellent menu - mostly fish/seafood and proprietor very happy to make suggestions and describe dishes. Friendly, attentive service but it was not busy. I think this was partly because there are another couple of places very close by that have tables overlooking the water, which people might prefer for the views. Pity as the food is really excellent. We ate gnocchi with artichoke & shrimp sauce/scallops "2-ways" (baked with subtle tangy to to sauce and grilled with oil & garlic); whole grilled sea bass/ monkfish with seafood filling en papillotte. (If you want pudding, I would recommend popping round the corner for delicious artisanal ice cream...) Not cheap, particularly as it's quite a simple place, but the food I good and portions are generous.