“JUST AH-MAZING!”
Review of Taverna Scalinetto

Taverna Scalinetto
Reserve with
Taverna Scalinetto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 1,610 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Definitely I strongly recommend this place. Good location, great food, the staff were so polite and took care of us and very good prices. Literally there was nothing bad about that restaurant. I have traveled to many cities in Europe and this is one of the best ones I have ever been. Before I go to that restaurant I read some negative reviews and I can now say with confidence that these people have literally no taste! This place is amazing and you should definitely try it. (We ordered carbonara, duck ravioli and the fried calamari and in every bite we were closer to heaven! )

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked the table a couple of days in advance but they didn't receive the reservation. However maybe a missunderstanding between the fork and the rest. So I just got a random table somewhere. The food was ok but not really good... service was ok as well. All in all - average.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We loved their food, ambiance and service. Lamb chops were great. The pasta dish was delicious. First night, it was full. We had to make reservation for the second night. The wait was worth it. We learned why there is a line. The food was better than average.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Avarage antipasti, airplane pasta...kind, charming and helpful waitresses, good house wine, awful kitchen..

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

This place definitely didn't live up to the reviews. First, they didn't apply our discount for booking with the Fork. Second, the beef carpaccio they served us was tough and very poor quality. Third, the cheese sauce they served with my gnocchi was broken. Also the people around us that spoke clear Italian got much better service. We try but are definitely not fluent. On the good side their bread was really fresh and my husband's pasta tasted and was cooked fine.

1  Thank Sightseer210528
Taverna S, Proprietario at Taverna Scalinetto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Sightseer,

First of all we do not have any agreement with The Fork to make discounts to people that book with it, rather, WE pay 2€ for every persons that comes from The Fork. Not all restaurants applie discount, you should inform better before.

Second, you already started with a bad attitude, when you asked me to suggest you a wine, I’d suggested you the one that reflected what you asked for and when you tried it you showed an evident refusal to it and I insisted more than once to change it, but you continued to have your initial attitude. And you finished your dinner with it.

I tried to be kind with you until you left our restaurant, when I asked you about the beef carpaccio you didn’t spoke, when I asked you about the gnocchi you didn’t spoke, everything seemed alright (especially because you left ONE piece of gnocchi with for cheeses, and there are around 25 pieces in a portion!).
And third, just to let you know, the for cheeses in the sauce are BRIE, PECORINO, EDAMER and GORGONZOLA, and trust me, gorgonzola (as much as Brie) is a strong cheese and it is normal it tastes strong, is not “broken”, as the sauce is prepared at the moment.

Last of all, we treat every costumer in the same way, is not true people that speak Italian is treated better, we speak with everybody, wherever people come from!

Best regards,