All reviews budget travellers train station grand canal vaporetto stop every morning beds maze marco
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I booked this hostel by the "hostelbookers" app. When I arrived there where some things that worked diferently than what the app said. First of all the app says there is breakfast included, but there is not. Also the app says that the check in starts at 9 am, which is not true.
Apart from that the hostel is nice. All the staff are workaway travellers so they are always in a good mood.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I adored my stay at the hostel. It was relatively easy to find. My maps on my phone (maps.me) had no problems leading me to it, but the instructions emailed to you with directions from the station are also wonderful. The staff are so welcoming! I spoke to Catherine from NZ and she was so lovely and willing to suggest good restaurants and attractions to see. No bunk beds either!! Such a nice change. Great communal areas. The location was perfect and central to everything. I cant wait to come back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank simslaura
Reviewed 21 August 2017

In our 5 bed mixed room we had a stunning view of the grand canal. Staff were friendly and there was a kitchen where we could cook and fridge space which was great for budget travellers. There was also somewhere to keep our luggage after check out. Breakfast was not included although we thought it would be from the website. I think it may be included with certain rooms? Ideally situated, great for walking around the beautiful maze that is the city. Comfy beds and lockers in room. Also has washing facilities. Lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This place is a rip off!!! Full of Mosquitos, got bitten everywhere, couldn't sleep, ripped all window screens, only two dirty bathrooms for all guests, bathrooms smells like wee, full of hair and all dirty black inside. You need to shower stepping on a 15cm water on the floor from the previous person, receptionist can't provide any information about Venice, they employ people from overseas that just arrived for the reception. Kitchen very dirty too. All guests pay a different price, I paid $55 / night and people in my room were paying $30/ night. What a ripple off this place! Really run down, owner and manager very rude and do not care. Do not stay in this place. All the guests were unhappy with a problem here. They will rip you off! Lots of places around a lot better and a lot cheaper! You have to pay for towel. Floor is dirty, this place is disgusting.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Simo B, Manager at L'Imbarcadero, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Malek,
Let's be honest: we both know that all your anger comes from the fact that you've found out that one of your room mates was paying less than you.
We explained to you that it was a special offer, prices change every day depending on availability, you would not complain at Ryanair if your neighbour paid less.....
But you started going crazy pretending to be refunded for the difference, or you would make bad reviews in every possible website.
You've been a nightmare to the staff and other guests for 3 days.
You're behaviour was just unrealistic: threatening each time :"give me this, do me this.. or I will make bad reviews " , so heavily that you reminded all of us Yelpers South Park episode...
And yes we have other travellers collaborating with us, as we think that they are the best assisting other independent travellers.
In fact, they've been more than patient with you; because if it was a local welcoming a person behaving like you, he would have been very very unfriendly.
Best wishes.
L'Imbarcadero Venice.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Its a regular hostel, expensive but it is Venice...
It is quiet, spacious rooms. Not confortable beds and I think they have bed Bugs, I woke up itching every morning.
Staff doesnt speak italian.
Breakfast is ok for a hostel.
Not a good place to socialize.
Close to a vaporetto stop. Walking distance to every tursitic place in the island.
Easy to connect with airport and railway station.
Cannot say much.
I wouldnt go back but it is an Ok place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo