“Excellent”
Review of L'Imbarcadero

L'Imbarcadero
Ranked #46 of 233 Speciality Lodging in Venice
Reviewed 24 October 2016

I had a great experience - kind staff and very friendly owner. Very helpful with my transition to Venice, extremely knowledgeable. Moreover I slept remarkably well and found the facilities to be quite nice.

Room Tip: Great view of the Grand Canal!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

I was supposed to stay there for 2 nights and we quit after the first one. I woke up at 3am on the first and only night because of bedbug bites. I had them on me, underneath my bed, on my luggage, on the wall adjacent to our beds, and then I started to pick them off my wife's t-shirt around 4am. She finally woke up and we stayed up all night since then sitting in the lobby waiting for the receptionist.

The next morning, I broke the news to her and she told me to wash the clothes thoroughly and that she was going to take care of them for the next guests. Bullcrap. I know those things are so hard to get rid off, and she made it sound like it's a common thing, "all hotels get them, even 5 stars.." she said.

Im still waiting to hear back from the manager.

STAY AWAY! 4 star hotels are only 50 euro more for a couple. Not worth it. I was there from Oct 4-5 2016.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Alan G
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Travelling around Europe and overall this is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Staying here feels like your living in somebody's house except it's well below basic hygiene standards. Bathrooms are disgusting, the girls that work here sit on the backside all day and do not clean, this has meant that the bathrooms are filthy. Also this hostel will only provide one sheet, this is what you lye on, if you want an extra sheet you are charged €2!! They expect you to use a duvet provided (not washed). This is not where the horror ends, during the night the room gets extremely hot as there is no air conditioning, this means you are forced to open the windows, subsequently we all got bitten multiple times by mosquitos. When talking to the staff about this, they claim there is a plug-in repellent in the room, however this clearly did not work. Staff are rude and unapproachable. Finally, they only have limited numbers of functioning lockers, when these are full they offer you the use of a cupboard with a chain and padlock, however you can simply open the drawers from the top, meaning it's not secure at all. In conclusion this hostel is below basic standards, we certainly will
not stay here again. The reason I am giving it two stars is because of its proximity to the train station.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jack M
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Barely ever someone on reception, the place was not clean and as a group of girls we didn't feel safe. Random people would walk through our room to get to a storage room therefore our room was never locked. Bathrooms seemed grotty and the decor throughout was very dim and messy. We weren't given all the bed linen and did not notice until we went to bed, we searched around until we found a cupboard with linen inside (no staff to help us). A bit disappointed, Not worth the money.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katherine2013xx
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

L'Imbarcadero

I stayed here for one night only and it is well located in a quiet area near to a good cheap restaurant and overlook the water. Breakfast is poor but then again it is like this everywhere in Venice. It is 22 euros per night which by Venice's rip off standards is pretty good value. The beds are comfortable and the showers are ok. My tip is to choose the 5 bed dorm as it overlooks the water.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo