“Great vegetarian food in Venice”
Review of La Tecia Vegana

La Tecia Vegana
Ranked #36 of 1,611 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We dined here with our kids in late Aug 2018. Excellent vegan food - we had the ravioli, gnocchi with pesto and the Thai rice noodles. All delicious. With friendly service and a decent price - only 75 Euros for 4 of us including drinks. Highly recommend

labottega2017, Proprietario at La Tecia Vegana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

So first of all I need to say what legends the owners are, it was so good to speak to them and get to know them a little. The service was excellent. The menu is fully vegan and varied, even non-vegans would love it here. I had a feeling the food would be good but we were blown away by how good it was. We loved it so much that we booked again for dinner the same evening. We had four different main meals plus two starters and two desserts throughout the course of the day and all were astoundingly good. You need to book if you want an outside table in the evening as it was busy. The setting is lovely and peaceful, it was a relaxing and wonderful experience to eat here. If you're in Venice, do not miss this place.

labottega2017, Proprietario at La Tecia Vegana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

We really appreciate your review .It was a real pleasure having you.Vegan for ever !
Thank you !

Reviewed 23 July 2018

It's a 40 minute walk from the centre of Venice. We had dinner here the first night we stayed in Venice, so weren't aware that we needed to prebook for an outside table. We were told there were plenty of tables inside, which wasn't really a problem, but some people did turn up after us who hadn't prebooked an outside table either (as I heard the waiter say so) and were told the same, but then the waiter seated them outside anyway. The food was lovely, but sadly a bit wasted on us, as we'd been up for 15 hours by that point (caught a very early flight that day), and were just too tired to really enjoy the food. Unfortunately we didn't get the opportunity to go back and really appreciate their menu. It's on our to do list should we visit Venice again, and we'll make sure we're not so tired next time.

1  Thank D M
labottega2017, Proprietario at La Tecia Vegana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hope to see you next time. I am sure if we seated people outside after you it's because a table got free in the meantime . Thank you

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I would love to give this place a better review, since we are vegans and Venice didnt have so many restaurants. But all the dishes we had and it was 4, where obvisouly reheated in microwave at some point. The potato were chewy and for me that is not how potato is suppose to be. Potato have to be good in a vegan kitchen if served so i am a little bit sad i have to give this place only a 3. It was almost a 2 becuase of a Young man that works there that had an attitude like he was annoyed by working there. That gives me a bad feeling since the people serves me food wich i Will put in my body. However it does get a 3 becuase it was nice place, location wise and the food didnt taste bad.

labottega2017, Proprietario at La Tecia Vegana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

We were a little disapointed with your review. You are free to criticize as you like but it is unfair to asume something false as to the use of microwave.I suggest you to rewrite your reveiw keeping to the facts and not false assumtions.Our organic potatoes are freshly cooked in the oven and sometimes the quality are not always identical like some genetically modified potatoes.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I had never eaten a vegan meal until a friend asked me to join her at this cozy little restaurant. I was pleasently surprised to discover how tasty and delicious the meals were that I started to prepare vegan meals, and also returned to La Tecia Vegana twice more during our stay in Venice. I can’t say that I am now a vegan, but I simply like the idea of eating healthy, and eating foods that are easily digested. In summary, the food is delicious, the service is fantastic, and the setting is peaceful and quite. It’s a win win, you will be pleased.

1  Thank RogueBella
labottega2017, Proprietario at La Tecia Vegana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

It wont' take long for you to becom vegan ! Thank you