“Anniversary Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!! Omnivorous Restaurant Please CHECK our on line Menu BEFORE to book a table!! WE HAVE NOT VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN OPTIONS!! Booking highly suggested: please go to the CONTACT page on our website. A credit card deposit can be requested to confirm a booking. We not allow under no circumstances to receive FOR DINNER groups of more than 5 Guests WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY are our days off!
Reviewed 15 June 2016

We had a dinner booked here for our first wedding anniversary and we had a good time. It is expensive but worth it as the food and service were to an excellent standard.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,421)

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Beautiful location right on the water. Extensive wine list of Venetian area wines and wines from Croatia and Slovenia. Food is haute cuisine and delicious our favorite was the salt crusted sea bass. Owner is eclectic but nice the view was fabulous. My children loved the gnocchi with lamb ragu. Not traditional trattoria cuisine but delicious, innovative in a gorgeous setting. If it is a beautiful day this is a must visit.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

This is a restaurant you should visit in Venice. Dinner with a view and delicious food. The lemon/lime sorbet is really nice. Good service, but you pay for it too.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

After reading reviews, I decided to book this restaurant as a surprise meal to celebrate my 1st wedding anniversary- I booked nearly 3 months in advance and followed up with a phone call 2 weeks prior to my visit. The lady was polite and promised me a waterfront table for the special occasion.
I cannot start to explain how disappointed I was upon arrival!!!
As we arrived the lady tried to take us to the seating area outside the restaurant and nowhere near the waterfront- it was a completely empty area and very unappealing- I explained I had called and she even showed me the reservation sheet that had a special note about our anniversary and said she would seat us at the water and apologised!
The owner then took over and very bluntly told us it was tough and that everyone wants the waterfront seats and that it wasn't just us celebrating a special occasion (clearly our 1st wedding anniversary wasn't special enough to warrant a waterfront seat- even though I booked and confirmed). I just want to point out there was still waterfront tables available!!
Needless to say we decided to leave and can't believe the rude arrogant reaction we got from the owner!
Probably a reason this restaurant has dropped from number 3 when I booked to number 8!!
Glad we gave it a miss!!

11  Thank Stanley1979
GPCremonini, Proprietario at Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Hello Bradley!

(probably Stanley is a little name, because I have all your mails here, and I remember you perfectly, or you are Stanley but you booked with your Father e-mail account.
But obviously I'm not writing about "you" Stanley or Bradley: apparently you don'y enjoyed my answer but, and I'm not sorry, I have a rigth of response and I use it, but I use my Name and my Face doing that.
You ask yo cancel my answer because I wrote a couple of Names: where is the problem? One of those Names is maybe similar to your one?
Incredible hazard, believe me Bradley or Stanley!!...or you are afraid that stupidity can drill the safety create by the anonymity wall?
Or simply "you" don't have the courage to take the complete responsibility of your words?)

You booked your table by e-mail, on April 4th, for June 11th at 7.30pm.

It was so important for you this booking that you simply request ​it, but you “forgot” to confirm it too, so when I informed you that your booking not being confirmed was cancelled, because it was a unmissable important special occasion, you asked urgently to confirm it and you did it, on …May 11th.

And​ ​only because I -not you ​or ​your deep attention for a so important moment of your life- but I remember​ed ​you to do it​, you did it.

I imagine that usually for you it’s enough to ask something to have it, but sometime, in the real life, it can be different.

On the Terms and Conditions that I sent you, the same ones that you accepted confirming your booking, is wrote:

“All our tables -under weather conditions- are outside and near to the Canal de la Giudecca (otherwise in one of the two large rooms inside), however we can only assure the booking, not the table position.
Can you please consider that? Thank you! “

That means that I NEVER promise the position of a table and I declare it before, because I have the same Respect foer Each One of my Guests, and the 80% (at least) of our Guests came here for a "special occasion”, and anyway this one that is a nice table for me maybe is not so nice for someone else, and I respect too much the Others to imagine to be able to think at their place, to interpreted their taste.

It’s IMPOSSIBLE that “The lady… promised me a waterfront table for the special occasion”, because we NEVER do it; first of all because only me and my Collaborator -a male one with a deep voice- answer and accept or not bookings, and possibly we can suggest that, being between the first Guests arriving, you might have more choice about the table position, but nothing more.

Your booking was at 7.30, and you arrived at 8.10pm (on the same Terms and Conditions that I sent you, is wrote too “To ensure a quality of service to you and other Guests, we kindly ask you to respect as much as possible the time of booking. Please contact us if any inconvenience or late arrival: we keep a booking for 10 minutes.“), I mean that theoretically your table could had be consider as a free one.

Knowing this, 40 minutes was a correct delay to be sure to have all the chances to live a great "special occasion".

You arrived pretentiously 40 minutes late requiring a special table already with dining Guests, I answered you simply and kindly remembering you that I never promised the position of the table, and that if you had been in time you might have had a choice, and ​anyway the choice among the available tables that I proposed to you was outside and in a nice position on the dock, but ​you leaved without any word.

You were not able to remember to confirm your booking,

you were not able to read the terms,

you arrive late…

...what else is my responsibility?

May be that Madame ...realised?

And I'm sorry for the confidence, but can you please explain me what is a “special occasion”?

I mean that I take care of the People that I love EVERY single day, bringing a flower at home not only because is her birthday or the anniversary of something or ...because I’m grateful that …she doesn’t saw something.

It's a pity that so many People do not understand that every single moment of our life it's a "special occasion" to improve, to learn or, best of all, to be alive​ and to do it with the People that we love.

​And me and my Collaborators we do always our best to give a nice moment to each one of our Guests so I don't understand what you mean with “special”…

..maybe that during one day long “you” (not you, Bradley, a generic “you”) must pretend that “you” is able to take care of somebody else when “you” is not able to do it during 355 other days??

For sure, for “you”, must be a really special day!

I have the sensation that this review could be wrote by the “Avenger o​f​
rudeness”, but he choose the wrong target

The real enemy, is really much closer to himself.

GP Cremonini

Reviewed 11 June 2016

Wonderful outdoor waterfront dining away from the crowds. We had the tasting menu that was absolutely delicious. The service was excellent. O