See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 March 2016

This is a small family-run hotel at the heart of Courmayeur. Close to all amenities (small supermarket, restaurants, bars, etc.), it has a lovely chalet feel. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was better than I had expected after reading other people's reviews, and the owners were very helpful with local knowledge. The only downside was that the wifi connection was unreliable (it stopped working for long periods of time) and the checkout was a little bit too early (10:00am). But all in all, a great value hotel for a ski trip to the Italian Alps.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2016

We stayed a few nights at Meuble Laurent in Courmayeur in February 2016 and I booked the hotel online on booking.com. When we arrived (we came by rental car) we parked in the courtyard but there is also parking in a garage which is handy if it snows. Check in was fast but we did not get much information but that was not much of a problem – we got the info later and there was also a booklet in the room.

We got room 7 on the first floor – it was a corner room with views to the town of Courmayeur and the ski slopes. The room was actually two rooms that seems to have been joined together and that made it into a good size room. There was a king size bed on one side of the room and a single bed in the other end of the room. There was also a large stool and we later on discovered that it could also be turned into another bed. The room was pretty cosy with wooden panels on the wall, a small desk, small benches under the window and there was also a wardrobe and a chest of drawers.

The room was kept warm by large radiators and it kept the room warm. The bed itself was firm and I got some good sleep while my wife was not that happy with it. There was a good duvet to keep us warm. Wifi was free and it was good enough for surfing – I registered by using my facebook account so access was up and running in a minute. You do have to activate the wifi if you leave your gadget for a few minutes.

The bathroom was decent enough – white tiles on walls and floor. There were not a lot of amenities so I was glad that I brought along shampoo and soap. The shower corner was good and it was great to take a warm shower after being in the slopes all day. The bathroom was a bit cold but there was a heating rack for the towels. The towels were very thin – if would have been great with thicker and more fluffy towels.
The breakfast in the morning was OK – there was a small selection of croissants, pain au chocolate, fruit, cereal, boiled egg, bread, yoghurt etc. As always in Italy they provided great and strong coffee. The breakfast buffet is located in the ground floor together with a small lounge and the small reception.

The hotel location is pretty good in my opinion. It is only 2-3 minutes’ walk uphill to Via Roma – the main pedestrian street in Courmayeur. It is about 600 meters to walk over to the main gondola that will take you up to the ski area in Courmayeur. There is a Carrefour mini supermarket just a minute away and lots of restaurants around.

All in all this was a positive experience. The hotel seems to be a family run hotel and the staff were friendly, helped us book restaurants and give us advice on what to see and do. If you are going to Courmayeur I can recommend a stay at Meuble Laurent.

Room tip: Room 7 was quite big
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

Lovely little hotel. Very friendly family business. Very basic but that is not an issue. Very clean and nice lounge area

Beds were very firm and shower is good. Slept well. Walls are a bit thin and you can hear noise as floors have hard finishes but that did not bother me.

Could of done with having heating on a bit in the night. Did get a little cold but a blanket is provided

Breakfast is simple but fine. Coffee is amazingly strong - it will set you up for the day!!!

Highly recommended

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Nice room and nice personnel. Breakfast really disappointing with badly unfreezed croissant and a very acid yoghurt
Also the wifi works very bad: long registration process ans half of the times doesn not work
Very good location

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014

It is the most beautiful place .. close to everything essential with a window and a balcony overlooking the mountains and the most beautiful scenery .. rooms clean and tidy as five stars. Breakfast no more than three stars. Free parking and close to the hotel. Staff are excellent, especially the young man who takes care of guests.

Room tip: I think all the rooms are beautiful .. just the first floor with a balcony .. it is better
Date of stay: August 2014