See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Lol, this place is really great! All the advantages are:
- location in the city centre = about 10 minutes walk from train station, just by the main "shopping/walking" street; it is also located just opposite library and in that library there is also free internet access there too;
- lots of towels in the bathroom = I mean it: LOTS of them :-)
- hairdryer in the bathroom
- selection of teas and coffee in the room;
- fresh fruits in the room - how cool is that! :-)
- it's clean and nice = very nice (I even love the tiles they had in the bathroom ;-)
- there are extra pillows and blankets in the wardrobe - just in case you need them;
- there is great selection of food for your breakfast; plus the way the breakfast room and tables are decorated is just beautiful.
- nice host of course :-)

My room was just by one of the main door (I think it's the only room on ground level) and I was a bit concern that I would be constantly waken up by people coming back at night but this was not the case here - I just wake up once for few seconds (maybe also because you know I just didn't sleep in my own bed and was excited about the mountains etc) so after all had great sleep.

Italian guys from the "frame" shop which is located just next to this b&b are also super nice and helpful :-)

I highly = VERY HIGLY recommend this place :-)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ataga
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This wonderful guest house is in an old farm building - complete with olive press - right in the heart of the old part of Aosta. The owners are friendly and helpful, the room was beautifully furnished with tea and coffee (unusual in Italy) and fruit, and the breakfast had to be seen - and eaten - to be believed - cheeses, hams, quiches, pastries, yogurts, home made cakes and flans and more fresh fruit.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2011

This B&B was a real find thanks to TripAdvisor, as I never would have located it by chance. The hotel and rooms are decorated in rustic Italian mountain style and the result is casual and comfortable. Owner and host Cinzia di Mattea was very hospitable and the breakfasts are delicious (see photo). My immaculate room had a small balcony that overlooked the entrance gate and courtyard (photo). I arrived in the middle of the afternoon siesta so went to have lunch at the excellent Café Ulysses right across the Via Edouard Aubert (breakfast and lunch only). Aosta is best known an ancient Roman capital and there are many ruins visible on the self-guided tour.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ColoradoPJ
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We have stayed at Maison Colombot twice now in order to break up our fairly regular drive from Switzerland to the in-laws in Liguria, Italy. (We actually only ever planned to make it an overnight trip once but this B&B has swayed us to break up the journey, and I'm sure this will happen plenty in future too!).

Based smack bang in the town centre, Maison Colombot is a collection of cute mountain-style rooms (at least ours was - wooden paneling with nice clean tile bathroom), within a building that is, I believe, around 300 years old.

The height and style of the small foyer alone is really quite mesmerizing.

As is the breakfast...

We've stated in our fair share of B&Bs but I've never enjoyed a 'free' breakfast this good. Hosted in the building's cosy little basement (it's cuter than it sounds!), you get all sorts - a choice of freshly made cakes, quality coffee (of course, including one of the best cappuccinos my Italian wife said she's ever tasted), an excellent mini fruit salad, fresh juice, pastries and more.

The fact we pay just 79 euros per night for our 'regular' room just makes us smile... it really is excellent value. The hostess is super friendly too, though I'm afraid I forget her name. She really puts herself out to ensure every guest is happy.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Before we'd even arrived we had a welcome email from Cinzia and our stay lived up to this excellent start: our room and bathroom were well equipped and comfortable, in a conveniently situated, interesting house arranged around a courtyard, sympathetically restored and decorated, with a view of the mountains from our balcony; Cinzia is a dynamic, friendly, helpful and informative host - dinner was from her list of restaurant recommendations; and breakfast was a feast of her home baked goods, fruit and other delights, served in the building's vaulted cellars. We would gladly stay again and heartily recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple