“Lurxury Hotel for a one night stay.”
Review of Grand Hotel Trento

Grand Hotel Trento
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Trento
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We thought we would try something different than the Best Western where we normally stay so we tried the Grand Trento. The hotel is truly one of the nicer hotels we have stayed in. The front desk was friendly but our room though extremely upscale was very small, so we needed to return one piece of luggage to the basement garage. This was not as easy as you would think for the elevator to the Garage parking is at the other end of the hotel. We also noticed when we took the luggage to our room there were no luggage carts available for guest, but I am sure you could have paid a hotel staff person to carry your luggage for you.

Even though the room was fully equipped, the in room WIFI met minimum standard with only a 0.99MBS so slow it would barely do email and web surfing was almost impossible and the login was difficult. Otherwise, the room was high tech and we had to call the desk to figure out how to operate the bed light on and off switches. The Bath was also extremely small but was very luxuries and finished in beautiful Italian alabaster marble.

Our in room safe was broken and we could not set the combination; also, I found that the Sauna was not available for use for it was closed on Sunday nights, and our TV had no English channels, not even news.

The Bar was open however, and as can be seen from the photo it a good place to relax or meet friends before dinner. There were several good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

The Breakfast the following morning was adequate but a little disappointing. The staff was unfriendly and not helpful. Scrambled eggs were poorly prepared and if you wished eggs to order there was an extra 6e cover charge. We expected better from a hotel of this caliber.

Yes this is a nice hotel but we were happier at the Best Western and will stay there again on our return visit.

Room Tip: You may wish to pay more for a bigger room and don't stay there on a Sunday night if you want to...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ANDREA A, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear RICHARD B
Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of our Hotel.
Rest assured we do take your comments and feedback very seriously as this enables us to monitor our standards and our offerings to you.
I am sorry we did not meet all your expectations on your last visit, and I apologise for the unfriendly staff you met at breakfast time. I'd like to add that our Tv channels include BBC Worldwide and CNN.
I hope you will reconsider and allow us to leave you with a better impression in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel and the service from the staff in before and during dinner was excellent. Our drinks before dinner was all the more enjoyable because the hotel gave us complementary antipasto etc. However, overnight, the room was unbearably hot and the temperature control, for which I was given instructions to adjust, didn’t allow me to reduce the heating below 18C. I couldn’t sleep from about 3.00 am (not necessarily caused by the temperature of the room, I have insomnia) and after 2 hours of tossing I thought a warm drink would be helpful. But the room didn’t have a kettle or anything for making a cup of tea. I looked into every beautifully timber panelled wardrobe and cupboard and found nothing. They were all empty apart from coat hangers. So I had to wait jt out for a few hours. Breakfast didn’t officially start until 7.00 am but I was desperate for a cup of tea so I thought I would give this hotel a chance to redeem itself on this aspect. I went down to the reception area at 6.40 am and asked the man at reception whether I could get a cup of tea? He said “No, it’s not possible, not until breakfast starts at 7.00.”
Knowing that the dining room staff would all be on duty, with just 20 minutes until breakfast started, I was very disappointed this hotel considered one cup of tea was too much trouble for a guest.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
ANDREA A, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Rowena S,
Thank you for your feedback. While it is wonderful to hear that you were pleased with the hotel and the staff over your stay with us, I am disappointed to learn that our reception clerk did not make any effort to satisfy your request for a cup of tea just a few minutes before breakfast service started. That surely does not reflect our standards and I am sure I will share your remarks with my team to avoid such occurrences in the future.
I'd like to add that all our rooms, except for the classic ones, are equipped with a tray for tea and coffee making facilities.
I hope to welcome you back in a near future.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel with amazing staff (in restoran and at reception) perfect location just 2 min from old town. 5 min from funiculore to Sardania. Just 3 min from buss station. Amazing view from room(6 floor) very reach and very good breakfast. So luxury lobby and first floor. Very clean rooms. But it pricy ... cost a lot..Rooms price a different in differend days
Car parking in garrage cost 11 eur!
We went at 20.00 for walk and then we returned they preper room for night(curtains and bed) it was nice but we were shoked .. we were notvexpected some one to come in at evening at the room. It was nice but i would prefer free mineral water every day instead if this!
Lady in restoran is very hospital... bring best espresso and maciato from bar(not from coffe machine) at the morning. After breacfast they clean tables imedeatly and very friendly helping you to find place
Veru popular hotel and usually over booked.
For bussines stay perfect but if i will travel from my family budget i will choose cheaper place. Trento is amazing

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
ANDREA A, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Eva T,
It was a pleasure reading the comments about your recent stay and we are glad to hear that you found the location, the staff and the breakfast service to your satisfaction. We hope to see you return soon.
Kindest regards.,

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We loved our stay at this gracious hotel. Everything tastefully chosen. We were well greeted and given clear helpful information including a city map, where everything was located etc. Wonderful old town and the Hotel was well placed close to the town centre. Breakfast was excellent. More than you could hope for. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Judy M,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your most recent stay at the Grand Hotel Trento.
I was glad to read that you found the location ideal and that you were happy with the quality and our customer service. Thank you for recommending us, and rest assured that your feedback will only help us get better and improve!
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in our property.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hotel was marvelous. Beautiful rooms, bath. Quiet, comfortable. Fantastic location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived on bicycles and they had a special place to leave them in their garage. Would love to go back.

The restaurant was not the best. Cold, not comfy. Tables far apart. Slow service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ANDREA A, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Isabel B,
Thank you for the wonderful comments on your recent stay with us! We are pleased to hear you had a great stay and loved our helpful staff and central location.
I'll share your feedback about the restaurant with the team, there certainly is room for improvement.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Thanks again.