All reviews inner city stayed in this hotel for nights great location nice hotel very helpful staff walking distance comfortable rooms first floor star hotel reception tradition grandeur corridor noise bedroom balcony spa
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful, historical hotel situated minutes from the town center of Merano (walking distance). The staff are amazing! They are all extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms are well kept and very clean. Breakfast ranges from a big selection of sweet and savory as well as cereals and home made jams! They even cater for gluten free. Will definitely come here again!! Only slight negative aspect is no bar fridge in room.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017

The problem here is the name "Grand Hotel", well and the pictures. It gives you, not unreasonably, some intimations of grandeur. This is in fact a modest, pleasant 3 star hotel. No restaurant, basic but acceptable breakfast, and a lobby bar that runs till 10 pm. The common spaces have a 1970s patina. The rooms seem to have been renovated more recently and are clean and pleasant. No complaints here, except the price. At the price I paid I think there were better options (see my other reviews). If the price is right for you, and you want something clean and central then this is a nice place. I should add: walkable to all the areas of the center, and very efficient and pleasant staff. If you want something grand or something that is value for money I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have booked the room for my family of three, my spouse and my son could not make to come in the last minute, because of a visa problem at german border. The hotel however was very kind and charged only my accomodation although the cancellation period is already expired.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We very much enjoyed out 2 night stay in the hotel. The service staff at both the reception and in the breakfast room were very helpful and friendly. We were not prepared to pay 18 Euros to park in the hotel car-park, so chose to park in the station car-park which in free (no parking on Fridays due to market). Luckily we were able to find a parking space.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 10 August 2017

As with Merano itself, one gets a sense of past grandeur, style and tradition. Set in an imposing old building, the hotel offers comfortable rooms, a bit of old world charm, extremely friendly and helpful staff and a decent breakfast all within an easy walk of the city centre. We visit Merano and Trentino-Alto Adige at least once a year and can't wait to return.

The only slight negative was that we visited on one of the hottest days and nights of the year and our room would have benefited from some sort of ventilation. A floor or ceiling fan would have been nice.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple