“Fantastic ”

Hopfen & Co
Ranked #81 of 482 Restaurants in Bolzano
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Italian, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

A fantastic area to visit while exploring the Bolzano, great architecture and built with pride and passion.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,179)

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Stopped in three times - once for dinner and twice for beer. No issue with waitstaff and the place was full by the time we departed after eating dinner. Risotto and dumplings were good. Beer menu was limited in variety yet their craft brews were very good - their Weizen was my choice in Bolzano! Thanks!

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Visited on an weekday evening with my son for a local beer and dinner.

The waiter who came to our table was rude to the point of almost wanting to pick a fight.

When I asked (in German ) if they served pils I was rudely informed that they only had their own in house beer.

When he brought it to me the beer I found that I didn’t like it and was abruptly told that I had to pay for it anyway. He could not have been more rude about it.

I did - and then we left. Clearly this man was having a bad day or maybe that’s how they train the staff !

Further down the street we found a nice Italian place with really friendly staff.

Spare yourself the aggravation - give Hopfen and Co a miss. !!

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived in Bolzano late after taking four trains from Cinque Terre. Being exhausted it was wonderful to have a hearty meal, for my husband anyway. He had the bacon & cheese dumplings that came with a very flavorful gravy and small salad. Not sure what beer he had but said it was also good. I was too tired to eat much so all I had was a salad that wasn’t to my liking at all. Much of the lettuce was bitter, and I ate very little of it. A bread basket cost but we ordered it anyway..too much bread/pretzels for two people. This is a very very popular restaurant and has quite a history. We sat inside where it is dark paneled and more earthy. Lots of outdoor dining as well. Due to us being so tired, and the room being very loud, we left without dessert.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

waited 20min downstairs and 15min upstairs, but couldnt order. rude staff, it wasnt that busy. cant say anything about the food or beer.