“Good option for trip to South Tyrol”

Gardenhotel Premstaller
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Bolzano
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Good hotel. Close too train station and bus stop. Just outside of Bozen, capital city of South Tyrol. Hotel is very neat. There's lots of parking and the views are spectacular. Service is limited and restaurant also has just a limited service. Breakfast is OK, but exactly the same every day.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 June 2015

My car sat-nav found this for me and after a long day around the mountain roads in very hot weather this hotel looked very welcome with is colourful floral entrance featuring a lovely front terrace to dine or relax. I checked in easily which was no fuss and helpfully for me English was spoken by all members of staff that I met during my stay. My room was large, clean and comfortable. Wifi was good, tv good. My room overlooked the rear and I must highlight that there is a railway line/station very close which concerned me and I was prepared to change rooms but trains were not so many and during the night I can't recall hearing any at all until maybe around 6.30am but still not too intrusive. The dining area is large and looks out pleasantly from the hotel garden to the mountain horizons. Service and food were good. Choices were plentiful. Similarly breakfast the next morning in the same area was good and set me up quite happily for another day of driving. I sense this would be a good hotel for couples or friends travelling together due to the great spaces to relax in outside or indoors especially during the warmer months. There is ample parking within the hotel grounds. I'm not going to go for the full five stars but I emphasise this is based on the nearby railway station but all else was very good.

Room Tip: Perhaps consider requesting a room away from train station.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve L. K
Reviewed 20 January 2015 via mobile

We visited the The Gardenhotel Premstaller during our Stay in Bolzano and we are very dissapointed by the rude way we were treated by the owner of the place. She was so arrogant. When we first arrived the room was freezing and we complained with the reception for the heating system but they did not seem to care... On the 2nd day the same thing went on..... Then on the 3rd night they put the heating system on only at night and switching off at early morning... Bdw temperature was -4 ! When we spoke with the owner about the problem she was so arrogant and nasty..I think nobody taught her manners how to deal with customers..... Breakfast wasn't good at all.. Cheeses, hams and even sweet pastries were dry. Compared to Maltese hotels this Hotel is barely a 2star hotel.. Bolzano is a great city to visit but if you want a stay with no problems don't even think of going to this hotel.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is an older, well-maintained hotel. It is in a beautiful area (at the foot of the Dolomites) and the view out our window was absolutely fabulous! The breakfast was excellent. Both the front desk staff and the restaurant staff were super personable. We honestly wished we could stay in that location a few more days. Peaceful and lovely hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. This hotel was okay.It was pretty warm in the room .I was shocked at how warm the room was when I entered, I was told there was nothing that could be done to turn the radiator down but of course I could open the window. Room is extremely well equipped, clean and spacious with a great feeling of subtle luxury. The bathroom was also huge .there's a nice garden back on hotel.good breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple