All reviews family run homemade jams overlooking vineyards own wine overnight stay twenty minute walk three nights schnitzel bread strudel easy parking an excellent choice highly recommend this hotel good size breakfast was excellent karl valley
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Margot, husband Karl and family run an exceptional home away from home. We spent three nights (September - 2017) at Hotel Hanny and had a marvelous and restful stay. Truly a wonderful experience from spotless rooms, lights out views among the steep vineyards that surround the hotel, dinner and breakfast foods rival any restaurant (Karl is cook extraordinare) - beautifully adorned dining room - had dinner two of the three nights at the hotel - should have ate all three nights at the hotel!!!! A priceless experience. Will definitely return - anyone visiting Dolomites should without a doubt stay at Hotel Hanny!

Margot and Karl - THANK YOU again!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here overnight on the basis of the very good reviews. Totally agree. Lovely setting, easy walk along the river into town, and what crowned it for me was the first rate breakfast that would put many 5* hotels to shame. Room was basic but for overnight stay perfectly functional. We had the last room available but others had balconies to watch the sun go down.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boaster
Reviewed 15 August 2017

After returning from a 10-day trip to Salzburg/Bolzano in early May, people asked me what my favorite part of the trip was.
I told 'em, nothing in particular. Soon, though, I realized it might have been the last of our four nights at Hanny, where after another long day of exploring Bolzano, owner/chef Karl brought us dessert on our patio, where we enjoyed local wines and gorgeous views as the sun set, and night fell, capping off a great trip.
Like most reviewers, I'd highly recommend this hotel, which Karl and wife Margot run with loving care. Set among steep vinyards in a sleepy residential area, it's a pleasant 20-minute river walk into the heart of Bolzano. We only had dinner there one night, but it was excellent, try Karl's wine, a white called Kerner, it's a very nice dry white. Breakfast offered many choices.
Overall, we had a great stay!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room facing town.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Where to start? Me and my fiancee are visiting Italy for the first time. My parents already went to this Hotel twice and they recommanded it highly saying and i quote; I would live there. Anyway we got to Bolzano by train at around 19:00 then took a 5-10 minute taxi to the hotel. Margot greeted us with a warm welcome. It's a familly run hotel and you can feel the love they give to their customers as if they were family as well. The food is simply delicious. Just to add up, you eat outside on this nice terasse with a beautiful view on the mountains which you can't get enough of. After that, we got bicycles and went on a ride by a river before going into the old town. Little market, restaurants and beautiful architecture are all part of Bolzano. Did i mentioned that the food is delicious? Because after 3 nights there, I can only tell you that those guys are chefs. I could go on and on but in the end, it's a well deserved 5 stars. Thank you Margot we will miss you!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017

My partner and I stayed at Hotel Hanny for 3 nights at the end of a weeks holiday in Italy, and on arrival were amazed by the fantastic views of the Dolomites and over Bolzano. We were using the hotel as our base for a couple of days rock climbing we had planned with a local climbing guide and it did a great job. The staff were very friendly throughout our stay and the breakfast offered was fantastic and a great treat as we had been self catering earlier in our holiday. Any breakfast including lots off cheese, strudel and vanilla custard is fine by me! The rooms were a good size, clean, with a good bathroom and nice balcony views, the only issue throughout the stay was the heat in the rooms at night. Obviously the hotel isn't responsible for the weather, and it was extremely hot (Up to 40degC) and without AC it was hard to get to sleep at times. That said with the fan set up between the bed we were happy enough and I wouldn't say it impacted our stay at all. The evening meals offered were very tasty and the house wine was fantastic when coupled with the views from the outside eating area, which we ate at most evenings and mornings for breakfast. The hotel manager suggested a nice walk following the river into town which is something we would highly recommend and we strolled this routed on a couple of occasions into the very nice town of Bolzano (Happiest place in Italy..so I read somewhere). Overall we would recommend Hotel Hanny to anyone, especially if using it as we did for a comfy base in the middle of the Dolomites for climbing or any other outdoor activity.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple