“Pleasant atmosphere”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2018

In city centre and down a flight of steps is a good trattoria serving good food and wine at very reasonable prices. Service is friendly and efficient. Good value.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

We intended to have dinner at this place.
After a "warm"welcome we ordered 2 glasses of Pinot Nero (4€/each) where the waiter tried to convince us to take the wine of the house. He didn't wait for the answer but concluded that it should be Pinot Nero clearly not amused. He returned with 2 glasses both not containing more then two nips.
For us the sign to leave the place directly.
What a unpleasant, not behaving staff.
Horrible!!

1  Thank Barbarette V
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Went to Bolzano for the day and as it was pretty busy, most restaurants were full when we tried to stop for lunch. By chamce we gound this place and were very glad we did.
The menu was fairly extensive and we quiclky found something we liked. After ordering the food was served quickly and was really good and the staff were attentetive and friendly.
It was evidently a populat palce for locals as well as visitors.

1  Thank Dusty6
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We were in Bolzano for 3 nights and came across this restaurant on our first night. From the outset the waiter seemed to have a problem with us though I'm not sure why. He had a very condescending attitude and my partner wanted to get gnoccho with Parma ham priced at €3 as a starter but when it arrived there were actually 3 gnocchi and several slices of Parma which it transpired was actually €10. We both really enjoyed our meal there though and didn't query the mistake. Any time I tried to say anything to the waiter in Italian though he kept telling me sarcastically to speak English. Thinking that we just got off to a bad start, we decided to go back the second night. This time my partner pointed to the item he wanted as a starter on the menu and I said I would have the same. We were sure everything was completely clear this time and were taken aback when a large platter of Parma arrived along with 6 gnocchi. This time I immediately said that wasn't what we ordered and it was far too much. Again I was sarcastically told to speak English and point to the item on the menu which we did. A German speaking couple at another table said they would take the food and I got the distinct impression that the waiter was making snide remarks about us to them in German. The starters we actually ordered arrived and again were very tasty. When the main courses arrived however my partner got vegetables instead of the potatoes he had ordered but we hadn't the heart to mention it. I would recommend the food here but we didn't go back to feel belittled on our final night.

1  Thank kamrita1
Reviewed 18 June 2015

Took the fixed menu of the day. It was good at a reasonable price. A glass of local wine to finsh our first day in Bolzano.