1,227 results
All reviews beautiful hotel train station classic hotel beautiful garden old style an excellent restaurant small pool lounge bar breakfast was amazing room was large breakfast buffet comfort room city centre old school the air conditioning the main square perfect location
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Old style hotel, rooms slightly old style, but very comfortable and all that was missing were a few extra plugs by the bed. New bathroom. Good breakfast, lovely bar, beautiful garden. Convenient location for city centre, parking available across the street. You have to go around the corner to go up a ramp from behind the reception for barrier free entry. Not sure ramp is wide enough for a wheel chair, ok for pram.
Tea/coffee facilities available in the room.

Room Tip: ramp behind hotel, through the hotel park/courtyard. wide enough for children's buggy, not sure about a wheel chair.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Location is great and from the outside the building looks impressive. Receptionists were polite but not really friendly or personable. Our room was large yet outdated, needs a major touch up and more. Also air-conditioning was insufficient for the space, we felt hot even at night. Bedding and bed were comfortable. They don't provide iron and ironing board for safety reasons so we had to use their laundry service. Breakfast buffet selections are limited and the restaurant feels cramped. My favorite part of the hotel was the garden lounge bar. So much potential for this beautiful hotel and yet long way to go.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chae S
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was a real treat to visit. Ideally placed between the station and the main square, it has beautiful grounds to explore, and true oldworld charm. Staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was extremely good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get away from it all.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2017

The Laurin at Bolzano is a classy hotel; old school.

Marvellous and extensive shaded garden out the back, with a garden bar, outdoor restaurant, statues etc- really gracious, and a lovely place to sit and tap your device or read a book.

The gymnasium was best of all: a sort of garden room in the back garden, with a Persian rug, potted palms and elegant windows. Hilarious! The cycle, treadmill and crosstrainer were in good condition. You will never find a gymn like this anywhere else.

Parking is good- in the carpark in front of the hotel -they give you a card which works the barrier. EUR 13 per day from memory.

Room was lovely- we had a “comfort” room on the 5th/top floor looking over the garden- very quiet, all features of the room were pleasing, plenty of space, aircon was automatically controlled by the hotel until about 7.30pm when it reverted to manual. Room elegantly fitted out.

Location perfect for old town. Breakfast very good (was included). Staff helpful. Character lift. Rate we paid (booked long ahead) was less than many inferior hotels in Austria/Switzerland.

After some struggle, I can think of two niggles: the soap bars were tiny and the restaurant didn’t open until 7.30pm.

Highly recommended. One of those hotels where the stay is a quality part of the travel experience.

Room Tip: ask for room facing garden
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ge90
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

First, a point of information: several tour guides noted that Bolzano frequently records the high daily summer temperature for ALL of Italy. My experience during a four night stay in June supported this assertion. However, the Parkhotel Laurin's air conditioning cannot keep up with the heat. Public rooms - bar, lobby, dining room - are very hot, offering little relief. And my room was just as bad. After noting that the temperature in my room was not budging from 78 degrees F, I asked to change rooms but was told that there were no more available. To add insult to injury, in the late afternoon of my second day, the desk clerk called to ask if the room was any better. Before I could reply, I was given a 3 minute lecture on how my room was no warmer than any other room assigned to members of my group (not so because I asked), that three staff members had checked my room and deemed I comfortable, and that "probably no hotel in Italy would meet your standards ." My stunned reply, "I won't talk to you about this again, but I WILL post on Trip Advisor".

Bottom line - if heat bothers you, you are taking a chance at this hotel. By the way, no matter how you set the thermostat in the room, it is controlled by the front desk!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends