1,227 results
All reviews beautiful hotel train station classic hotel beautiful garden old style an excellent restaurant small pool lounge bar breakfast was amazing room was large breakfast buffet comfort room city centre old school the air conditioning the main square perfect location
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Location is great and from the outside the building looks impressive. Receptionists were polite but not really friendly or personable. Our room was large yet outdated, needs a major touch up and more. Also air-conditioning was insufficient for the space, we felt hot even at night. Bedding and bed were comfortable. They don't provide iron and ironing board for safety reasons so we had to use their laundry service. Breakfast buffet selections are limited and the restaurant feels cramped. My favorite part of the hotel was the garden lounge bar. So much potential for this beautiful hotel and yet long way to go.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chae S
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was a real treat to visit. Ideally placed between the station and the main square, it has beautiful grounds to explore, and true oldworld charm. Staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was extremely good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get away from it all.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2017

The Laurin at Bolzano is a classy hotel; old school.

Marvellous and extensive shaded garden out the back, with a garden bar, outdoor restaurant, statues etc- really gracious, and a lovely place to sit and tap your device or read a book.

The gymnasium was best of all: a sort of garden room in the back garden, with a Persian rug, potted palms and elegant windows. Hilarious! The cycle, treadmill and crosstrainer were in good condition. You will never find a gymn like this anywhere else.

Parking is good- in the carpark in front of the hotel -they give you a card which works the barrier. EUR 13 per day from memory.

Room was lovely- we had a “comfort” room on the 5th/top floor looking over the garden- very quiet, all features of the room were pleasing, plenty of space, aircon was automatically controlled by the hotel until about 7.30pm when it reverted to manual. Room elegantly fitted out.

Location perfect for old town. Breakfast very good (was included). Staff helpful. Character lift. Rate we paid (booked long ahead) was less than many inferior hotels in Austria/Switzerland.

After some struggle, I can think of two niggles: the soap bars were tiny and the restaurant didn’t open until 7.30pm.

Highly recommended. One of those hotels where the stay is a quality part of the travel experience.

Room Tip: ask for room facing garden
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ge90
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

First, a point of information: several tour guides noted that Bolzano frequently records the high daily summer temperature for ALL of Italy. My experience during a four night stay in June supported this assertion. However, the Parkhotel Laurin's air conditioning cannot keep up with the heat. Public rooms - bar, lobby, dining room - are very hot, offering little relief. And my room was just as bad. After noting that the temperature in my room was not budging from 78 degrees F, I asked to change rooms but was told that there were no more available. To add insult to injury, in the late afternoon of my second day, the desk clerk called to ask if the room was any better. Before I could reply, I was given a 3 minute lecture on how my room was no warmer than any other room assigned to members of my group (not so because I asked), that three staff members had checked my room and deemed I comfortable, and that "probably no hotel in Italy would meet your standards ." My stunned reply, "I won't talk to you about this again, but I WILL post on Trip Advisor".

Bottom line - if heat bothers you, you are taking a chance at this hotel. By the way, no matter how you set the thermostat in the room, it is controlled by the front desk!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Great location, 160 meters from the train station. Staff are business like, but not overly friendly. Room is serviceable, but not impressive. I was told we received an upgrade. I'm afraid to see what room we would have been given . We asked for a bucket of ice and were told that it would be 5 Euros, we passed.

Went to the gym to workout only to find it to be very small with no AC. That was the least of our problems. To say that the workout facility condition was below any reasonable expectation is an understatement. There were cobwebs throughout and I don't think the rug has ever been vacuumed. Because of the moldy smell we kept the door open, but then smokers walked by to pollute the air even more. Two pieces of aerobic equipment, no weights.
Breakfast is above average with a good selection to choose from. The bar is nice, but if you sit inside to stay away from the smokers you will smell it even more. The windows & doors are kept open so the smoke blows in so the smell in the bar is worse than outside. The rooms are non-smoking, but all night long I can smell smoke filtering in to the room. I have a horrible allergy so it is miserable.

I contemplated staying here vs the Hotel Greif and wished we would have stayed at the Hotel Grief, it is smaller and more modern and in a great location. The Lauren Hotel is more for tours/larger groups. If you smoke or don't mind smoking then this hotel is okay. If not, reconsider. Always hard to tell when looking at photos on the internet and reading the various reviews.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple