All reviews washing machine train station moderate cost two bottles of water kitchenette area full service hotel well equipped kitchen touristic area clean apartment living room cooking utensils nice sofa several blocks grazie mille small supermarket comfortable place to stay an iron and ironing board
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I stayed at Residence Sacchi during my recent visit to Turin. The property is located just a short walk away (as in down the street) from the train station. This came in handy, particularly when I had to catch the train in the wee hours of the morning upon my departure. (Staff had not yet arrived for work when I left, so they had me leave my room key in a designated area when I vacated the property.)

The property is located in a working class neighborhood, a bit on the gritty side. However, this is not to say it is a dangerous area. I walked most everywhere during my visit and I felt very safe there.

I stayed in Room 16. My room had all of the amenities that made me feel at home: a kitchenette with a sink, stove (with 4 burners), dishwasher, mini refrigerator, microwave, a washer and dryer and television set. I liked that I was able to pick up groceries from the local markets and have a place to safely store them - especially the perishable items.

My apartment was quite roomy. Even though I traveled alone, it was evident to me that I could have easily shared this apartment with another person (or two) and there was more than enough room for everyone to spread out comfortably. Near the entryway sat a built in bar area with two chairs. This is in addition to the dining room table, 4 chairs and a large sectional in the living room. The sectional wasn't particularly comfortable; it sits very low to the ground, making it a bit difficult for those of us who are less agile to get up easily. However, this really wasn't an issue for me because I did not spend much time in my room.

The bedroom was quite simple and no frills, but the bed was comfortable to sleep in.

The bathroom was huge by Italian standards and decorated in bright red tile. The shower is encased in glass and also was quite big. Water pressure and temperature from the shower was perfect, as well.

My room overlooked a little courtyard area on the side of the building where guests can spend time. However, my room was pretty quiet. I could not hear much noise from the outside.

As for the neighborhood itself, several of the shops on the street were vacant. Except for a decent little restaurant next door to the property, there wasn't much in the way of shops or restaurants. I had to walk several blocks to find these. There was, however, a postal store down the street from the property. I was able to utilize this to ship home souvenirs and other items so I didn't have to lug them around.

Staff were pleasant and professional.

I would stay here again when visiting Turin.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank WandaMaria
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the friendliness, location, and comfortability. It was a great location for us. The air conditioning on hot nights was especially appreciated. The staff was helpful also.

Sue and Henry

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I owe a big thank you to the staff of Residence Sacchi for hosting my family and ensuring their comfort.

I booked 6 rooms with them for my relatives who had come to visit from abroad. One of these rooms was the 12 plus which is an amazing suite on the top floor. Their double room apartments are also lovely and spacious.

The extra touches such as slippers, toothbrushes and toothpaste were so appreciated!

Everyone enjoyed their stay, the location is also excellent!

Grazie mille!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Beautiful and clean apartment facing the inner yard of the Residence, hence protecting from any outside noise.
Very kind and professional staff.

It is located near one of the main train stations, overall within a neighbourhood that is not the most charming in town, but I would be inclined to blame Turin’s overall standards (which have dropped SO bad over the past few years) if some pathetic loser decided to smash the window of my car overnight in front of the Residence.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Top appartment ! 2 floors, sat tv, fridge/little kitchen, nice sofa, big bed, parking in front of the hotel, friendly people, everything was clean. not far to the center, very close to the main station !

Room tip: everything good
Date of stay: June 2018