1,120 results
All reviews nice hotel via roma your luggage standard room enjoyable stay per day egyptian museum central location lobby elevator city torino statues robe luxury maid curtains
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Just about walking distance from main stations, so convenient from that point of view. However, the reception area was very noisy and it was difficult to understand the check in staff. Room itself was very comfortable. Check out staff in the early morning, clearly did not want to be there, and were very unfriendly. Again, the coffee was not at all good by Italian standards. Room allocated was in building 2, reached by a lift, a long walk, then another lift and another long walk - not ideal with suitcases!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

This is far from a 5* hotel. My first wonder was when the taxi's at the train station had to have a debate as to its location. On entry it had a 3* feel and look. My experience was that is the best Reception was limpid. On way to room the carpet in the hall was folded and wrinkled and made me wonder. Then the key would not open the door. The colours in the room were dour and the furniture chipped. There was no water unless you paid from the mini bar. The Interconnection was antediluvian, such i had to toggle my cell phone. They have a Spa next door, which turned out to be an unattended gym open to the public. An outdoor yard with a singer went on until 10+ pm, with sound that was way too loud. An annoying experience due to the misrepresentation of its quality level.

Room tip: go elsewhere
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Nice buildings and interiors, but that's all.

Service is terrible, personnel just unwilling to help. Restaurant is just not a restaurant: extremely limited options - second course they propose is just eggs. Never seen anything like this!!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Iacopo C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Allegroitalia Golden Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We are really sorry you had a bad experience during your stay at Allegroitalia Golden Palace, because our aim is to satisfy all customers since the moment they arrive 'til the moment they leave. We'll learn from your feedback and improve.
We appreciate you appreciate our position, really close to Torino Porta Nuova Train Station and the most important attractions and buildings in the city.
We hope your travels bring you back in our hotel.

Best wishes,

Iacopo C., Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2018

On August 11, 2018 at approximately 9pm myself, my wife and my two children along with another couple and their child came into the Golden Palace Hotel to see if they had any rooms available for the evening. Immediately, the man at the reception desk became somewhat agitated saying that it was late for a check-in...and that he only had two rooms available. Given his demeanor, I thought it best to at least view the rooms first. When I requested if we could see the rooms first...he said that we couldn't. I really thought that I must have misunderstood him...so I asked again if we could just see the rooms first...and then come back down to the front desk and take care of all of the paperwork. Again, he told me that nobody can see the room before they buy it. I told my family and friends that I was done...and let's get out of here. The man then came from behind the front desk out to the lobby as I was walking away and made some nasty remarks. When I turned around he was picking up his pants and posturing in a fighting position to me. Now, I was pissed...and had to be held back as he was coming towards me. Given that I was not in my home town, I went back to our car and left. But, trust me...I wanted him to throw that first punch because I'd have decked him. Needless to say, my better judgement to walk away prevailed. We went to the StarHotels Majestic where we were treated kindly and with respect. For me to write a negative review speaks volumes to the horrendous experience received by this Golden Palace Hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank theeyedoctor
Iacopo C, Guest Relations Manager at Allegroitalia Golden Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear guest,

With this review You touched a very sensitive point of our hospitality, that is our staff, of which we are extremely proud and to which all guests reserve sincere congratulations for their professional and warm welcome. Beyond the misunderstandings and disruptions that may have occurred during check-in, the story that You told deeply affects our image and doesn't represent our model of hospitality, that is instead focused on cheerfulness, kindness and customer care. Threatening someone of aggression on a public platform like Tripadvisor is a very serious accusation and everyone should be sure of what is writing before moving it. So, we are more than willing to host You again at the Golden Palace to show that what You wrote doesn't correspond to truth and to impress You positively with the professionalism that has always distinguished all our staff, main strenghts of our hotel.

Cordial greetings,

The staff of Allegroitalia Golden Palace

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband visited this hotel for five days in August. Firstly reception staff very helpful and professional. Room was clean and comfortable bed . Breakfast had a good selection fruit , cereal toast, eggs ham patisseries. Juices and tea coffee that was nice start to the day. Outside area to sit and relax with bar service. Music in the evening. Just a note to check if your booking included the spa and swimming pool as if not €25 Euro each per day which thought was very expensive. But overall nice hotel great location our option not a five star but we had lovely break so thank you.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Iacopo C, Public Relations Manager at Allegroitalia Golden Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Claire,

Thanks for your kind review.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the rooms and our breakfast. Also great that you relaxed in the dehor and enjoyed our music! Our purpose is ot make our guests happy, playing, singing and dancing with them: this is why it's such an honor that you've had such a nice time with us.

See you soon!