1,853 results
All reviews american bar small garden elegant hotel egyptian museum deluxe room within walking distance old world pedestrian area breakfast buffet walk in closet excellent location old style piazza san carlo pastries loved this hotel main attractions hotel bar
Reviewed 16 November 2018 via mobile

The service at reception has been very attentive and friendly. The hotel is centrally located, in walking distance from the main railway station, Porta Nuova, and the main attractions as the Egyptian museum and the royal palace.
Our room has been small but clean. The cleaning ladies did a wonderful job - every day, in every coin of room and bathroom - and were remarkably polite.
The breakfast buffet offered a great choice of food and beverages.
The restaurants and bars of the hotel are just great! Worth more than one try.

Date of stay: November 2018
direttoresitea, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Sitea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Thank you very much for your stay and for your nice review

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 12 November 2018

We loved our spacious room and especially loved the hotel staff. Everyone was cordial and helpful. We slept very well here and the breakfast options were plentiful. The front desk helped us get a reservation at an in-demand restaurant. Definitely one of the best hotels we have experienced in Italy!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bobkins123
direttoresitea, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Sitea, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Thank you very much for your stay and for your nice review

Reviewed 6 November 2018

I understand that hotels have different levels of rooms, but this is a five star hotel. Even for the smaller rooms they charge five star prices. The room I got was ridiculous in size. I did not even have space to open my luggage. Breakfast was great and location is good, otherwise this review would be for only two stars.

Room tip: Check the size of the room when you reserve
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
direttoresitea, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Sitea, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Thank you very much for your stay, I'm really sorry if you found the room too small. Our cheapest room is called Small Double Rooms, in some online agencies Economy Double Room, and this kind of room is small but nice and usually you can buy it at a very good rate.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3x night in late Oct’18.

We picked the hotel based on its convenient proximity to both the central Torino station (Porta Nuova) 10min walk and the city centre.

The hotel certainly did not disappoint, our room was on the 1st floor facing the inner courtyard, it was clean, well kept and the bed was comfortable. The only issue was that it was located next to a conference room, and we would be woken each morning at around 8am by large groups of people taking loudly outside our door.

The hotel breakfast was included and could have been better, but wasnt bad. It was a classic continental breakfast but feel a more made to order section of the menu may be beneficial such as an omelette bar given the hotels 4 star rating.

The front desk staff were also very friendly and were even kind enough to provide us with a hotel umbrella from the back store room when there were none left in the foyer.

Overall would recommend and advise you request a higher floor.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
direttoresitea, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Sitea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Thank you very much for your stay and for your review

Grand Hotel Sitea

Reviewed 28 October 2018

I stayed here for 6 nights. The hotel is in an excellent location, less than 10 minutes walk from the train station and located in the elegant and historical part of Turin, close to major museums. There are plenty of restaurants in the neighbourhood.

My room was booked as a “Small Double Room” and while compact it was still a good size and very comfortable. The hotel is on a relatively quiet street and my room was at the back, so it was generally very quiet. However, there were just a few occasions I heard people talking and a bath/shower running from another room very late at night/early in the morning. The bathroom was a good size with an excellent deep and long bathtub. The cupboard was compact and there was limited place to hang clothes as more than half the space was taken up by the mini fridge and snacks. The safe worked well but is unnecessarily complex compared to others I used in Italy.

Breakfast was served across a formal dark dining room and a light less formal room opening onto a small garden. The breakfast was excellent, and I especially commend the hotel for its choices of bread which were varied, healthy and delicious – the best I had on this trip to Italy. I did notice a few times that it sometimes took longer than it should have to restock cutlery and crockery and then when restocked the plates were very hot. I found the staff friendly and helpful.

Overall, I enjoyed my staff here and would definitely consider staying here again should I return to Turin.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
direttoresitea, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Sitea, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you very much for your stay and your nice review.