“Simple, traditional restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2017

The staff was nice and friendly. Even professional, somehow.
We had a very good Nebiolo red wine.
The dinner was pretty good, even if not excellent.
The environment could be easily improved.

I'm not giving this restaurant 4 stars because of the last 2 reasons.
Not giving 2 stars because of the first 2, though.

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

The restaurant has a nice ambience and the welcome and service were good. However we were with a group and were served their local taster menu and it was a little disappointing. It comprised of Vitello al tonatto which was a little bland,then a ravioli of artichoke which was a little heavy, then gnocchi in a delicious cheese sauce but again quite a filling dish and then a most disappointing shank of pork with potatoes. This was rather boring and lacked flavour and was again very filling. The dessert was a delicious hazelnut tart and was the star of the show but one had little room left after the size of the previous offerings. The wine list was very impressive and very reasonable. Probably one would fare better as a couple choosing a more balanced offering and certainly we would consider again if we visited the wonderful town of Cuneo again.

1  Thank StAlbansWilbo
Reviewed 27 August 2015

I was a single, older lady arriving well after the usual lunch time but was welcomed and treated as well as any of the locals who were just finishing their lunches at the other tables.

The menu of 26€ includes a bottle of Piedmont wine and while the white I chose was a bit rough, I still finished it off.

Bread and a plate of salami are immediately brought on arrival while one considers the four courses. I ordered vitello tonnato, gnocchi, polpo and later chocolate cake. All very enjoyable.

I was mistakenly brought spaghetti with seafood, which I decided to eat even though the offer to change it for the gnocchi was made without hesitation.

The polpo was prepared with fennel and while perfectly-cooked, I prefer octopus that is sliced and grilled in larger pieces. The polpo here is served as cubes with lots of croutons that are about the same size. It was very tasty, though.

If there had been the choice, I would have ordered some grilled vegetables. My meal, simple and satisfying as it was, was not particularly healthy.

I spilled some of my last glass of wine on the tablecloth and when I left was gently reminded to take care with the step down into the street.

All-in-all, this 4-course lunch with a bottle of Piedmont white was just what I needed at the time. Even many of the other tables of "regulars" were friendly and gave me a smile as they left. It's just that kind of place where people feel good when they leave.

I would happily return.

I was mis

Reviewed 5 November 2012

A very nice overall experience here. The place is cozy and beautiful and the very kind owner will carefully introduce you to the menu in Italian or in English. The restaurant wisely offer a selection of tipical, local dishes, with a creative spin both in their execution and presentation. If you want have a taste of what this area of Piemonte has to offer, you should definitely give it a try.
The only negative side of it may be that it is located in a secondary street of Cuneo, maybe not the easiest to find. Still, it can be easily reached by feet from the main square of the city and with a map or appropriate indications you should find it.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

We found this place while wandering around after being turned away at every restaurant we had read good reviews about. It did not look like what we had been looking for, but we were the only non-locals there, so we expected a hearty rustic meal - and we got it.

The food was delicious and we even discovered a new favorite dish to create when we got back home - Cheeseless lasagna with Bolognese sauce, sausage and Cuneo beans - truly awesome.