See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Great hotel great service great food everything is great , you feel like it's home .keep up the good work everything is near the hotel. 5 min walking you'll be at the train station . 10 min walking you'll be in the central of pavia . Great place to be .

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2015

The experience of staying here was full of highs and lows. On the plus side, the hotel is in a great location - easy to access from the motorway and within walking distance from the town centre and many attractions.

There is free car parking behind the hotel. There is also underground parking at a chargeable fee.

There is great wifi in the main areas and in the bedrooms. Breakfast was included in the rate - it was fine but very basic. We ate lunch in the hotel too and that was good value.

The big plus for this hotel is its staff. They are so friendly and professional.

There were lows too. The hotel is all a bit jaded and old fashioned. I know it is a 3 star but it is at the lower end of that scale. The room was very basic with the bare necessities there. The hand towels seemed to be dinning room linen napkins.

But it was the noise that really got to me. I asked for a quiet room. It may have been at the back of the hotel but it was surrounded by sound. I barely slept for the few days I was there. Sound came from outside and from the railway near by. The bed was against the corridor so I could hear all that noise. On one night, I could hear the man next door snoring. On the next night, I was subjected to a child throwing a tantrum for over an hour (without drawing breath) and on the other side, someone practising guitar until the early hours.

Would I stay again? Perhaps but only for a night. With the noise, I couldn't do more than that.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank MGMcShane
Reviewed 29 October 2015

The hotel staff goes out of their way to assist their guests with any request, question or advise.
Do not forget to enjoy the restaurant, where you'll have the opportunity to meet Piero, the restaurant "Chief Conductor" - the most friendly and efficient waiter you probably ever met in Italy.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank moshebar2015
Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

I was staying for one night, so it didnt really matter to me, i justed wanted a clean bed, and Rosengarten offered it with a reasonable price with parking.. The staff are friendly, always smiling, try to multitask so the dont hold back guests in a hurry and still give attention to others.. The building and the rooms are old and needs to renovated for a not picky person the hotel is good

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 2 August 2015

The hotel has a good location: a 10 minute walk to the centre of Pavia. We only stayed there for one night and we had a clean, comfortable and quiet room with a working airco, a clean and spacious bathroom with a shower and bathtub, an indoor parking space (not for free) and a simple breakfast. Very friendful and helpful staff. According to us, the outdatedness adds to its charm. There was a heat wave when we stayed there and the vending machines in the hotel were very convenient for picking up some water before our exploration of Pavia. Excellent hotel for staying a few days with a good value for money of hotels in Pavia. When we come back we will surely stay again at Hotel Rosengarten. Pavia itself is very lovely and wurth a visit

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple