“Pre Christmas visit fo Japanese taste”

Poporoya Sushi Bar E Alimentari Giapponesi
Ranked #147 of 9,208 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$19 - US$26
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Città Studi
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

First sight the place did not convinced me of his simple appearance but after when I understood the conception of the restaurant I knew I had a chance to dry a real Japanese food in the corner of Milan. This place is unique simple appearance but special Japanese dishes accompanied with good wine. Good service and hospitality. Worth to dry. At the end Lady who served our table gift me Japanese calender for the year of 2018. Thank you very much of that experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,122)

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Good Sushi is harsh in Milan! So be prepared if you fond or addict of it and swing by town.

The place is well known and it passes to be among "best sushi in town". Well I think it is just overated and it depends on the average quality of sushi in Milan which is crappy, that's why many spend such great words for the place.

It's a matter of fact it's very uncomfy yet hundred percent japanese style sushi bar with huge turn over, no room at all to seat or ie. to pay, you inevitably stuck in a line with customers getting in and out thereby running into you every second, after eating with people on shoulders. All true and all very annoying.

For the record I had tuna tempura e california salmon roll, nothing special at all, not unforgettable, very poor quantity (picked up 20€ tap just for !!). My friend took Chirashi (paid 16€ with 0.5 lt. of water), we seated literally glued to others.

Impossible to have a chat without talking louder or hearing others' affairs. Not to mention everyone taking a seat or leaving is gonna hit you whilst eating. No no no... And we paid a total of 36 € for poor lunch, I know hundred of place around the world where you can have huge sushi or seafood dinner for two for same price.

The Sushi bar experience as appreciable which had so many times (not in Milan for sure) is a pleasant time which you enjoy together with friends or making conversation with people next to you, everybody is chilled and you have the time to enjoy your meal.

Who says great things about Poporoya doesn't really know what he's talking about (Sushi I mean). Last but not least quantity is in the average, price among the most expensive yet you can't count on value for money!

See you Poporoya....

1  Thank World T
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We are a family of 5 who loves japanese food, real japanese atmosphere, very friendly, value/price unbelievably good. If you like japanese you have to go there.
We went round 19.00, which gave us the possibility to have. Table inside, within 10 minutes we had our orders. By 21.00, people were queuing outside, hence I would recommend to order take away and have a drink in the american bar nextdoors H very kind people) or go before that time.
Very nice experience, I will never forget this.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I've been to Japan and this is the closest I've had in Europe compared to there... Actually it's the same!

Bit of waiting time but well worth the wait! Fresh, genuine and so tasty!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Great food, friendly staff and overall atmosphere as if you are in Japan. Sometimes it can get a bit crowded and you have to wait a bit outside for a table to be ready. However, that's part of it when you pick a sushi restaurant with this quality I believe.

Tip: I especially like the sushi bowls.