“Good local place”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Brera
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I was a little concerned early on when it seemed that as Americans, we were seated in a corner and ignored for a while. Eventually, the waitress gave us a menu in Italian which we kind of understood but was thankful when the waiter replaced our menus with an English version. Anyway, service ok, food very good and prices very reasonable. Appetizers were pasta and salads. Main dishes were bronzino, octopus and veal milanese( a little oily). We were too full for dessert. Our night was even more interesting afterward when our uber driver went down the wrong way street for several blocks but then backed up and smashed up his trunk. Worth a trip!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Nice place to have dinner and gather. The food is good with a wide selection of dishes to please everyone. Would recommend it for casual get together with friends and family.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

The food is average and overpriced, and waiting time is ridiculous.
Yes, owner or maitre d'hotel is a character, but everybody goes to a restaurant to eat.
I came there on Sunday night, and while there were two couples waiting by the bar to be seated, bartender said to me that the wait time for the table would be about 20 minutes. Considering people were served prosecco and crackers while waiting, I decided 20 min are reasonable to wait. I wasn't offered any drink up until both couples were seated, after which bartender offered me glass of wine - Bianco Vino da Tavola from the tap. Every time new people were popping in to check on the vacant tables, bartender was reminding the old guy that I was still waiting for the table. Meanwhile two couples paid and left and also one company of three paid and left too - I was still waiting. Even people who dropped in after me were seated earlier, though they've been also walking in with no reservation.
Eventually I've been seated only 50 minutes later. Have I known the wait time is close to an hour - I wouldn't wait. It was getting late (I got table only at 10pm while had to wake up early next day for work) and I would rather just go to the next restaurant in the area.
Reviews mention that price is reasonable for the food quality, but it is not. Fiori di zucca starter costed 10 euro and was the smallest Fiori di zucca I've ever had. My main was floating in oil and meat wasn't impressive at all. The couple seating at the next table was also saying to the waiter that their meat was "così così", so it looks i wasn't the only one dissatisfied. I took tiramisù for dessert, it was tasty but too wet for my liking. Mascarpone cream was literally running from the top, perhaps it didn't have time to set properly but then in this case I would expect waiter to advise that they don't recommend taking it as it wasn't ready.
Eventually when I was paying, I was also charged 5 euro for glass of vino da tavola which I was served while waiting. Firstly it is common in Milano to serve courtesy drink for people waiting to get the table, secondly I never had the ability to choose my drink if I'm to pay for it and was just given cheapest option, thirdly I believe even a litr of the noname vino da tavola costs cheaper than 5 euro I was charged for a glass of it.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

If ever in Milan, treat yourself to a meal at La Libera. The eccentric owner, the friendly service, amazing ambiance and the food soooo good. You need to book, we got there at 19h45 and about 4 tables were seated. By 21h00 the place was packed - Italians eat late and the restaurant only opens officially at 19h30 and closes well after midnight.
Pricy but worth it. House wine excellent, bread excellent, service excellent. Comes highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We went to this place to try risotto milanese, and although this didn't turn out a favorite of ours, other people in my company ordered very delicious dishes. The desserts were amazing as well!