“A Hidden Gem in Italy! ”

Mamajuana Restaurant
Ranked #189 of 9,106 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: Caribbean, Colombian, Latin, South American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I have been living in the U.K. for 5 months but am originally from Puerto Rico and during a trip to Italy I found myself craving Caribbean food. WOW. Mamajuana was the perfect place. The staff was incredibly nice, a wonderful atmosphere, and the food was delicious! I was in the DR in March, & the flavors at Mamajuana were equal to those on the island, if not better!

Definitely make sure you try their homemade Mamajuana & the Mangu!

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is rated in the top 2% of the Milan restaurants. It's located on a quiet street with very modest frontage. The service was enthusiastic but the food was really hit and miss.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I came here expecting spanish kind of food but was surprised see its caribbean food!! (My fault I know, this fact doesn't effect anything lol)
The food was really so delicious and fresh! Simple ingredients and nice people.
We had Avocado&tomato salsa on some kind of fried leaf, AMAZING

Reviewed 14 July 2017

This is a small restaurant, with a dozen of tables (only indoor), which offers a mix of Latin-American cuisine. It is simply decorated but nice and cozy and the staff is friendly and kind.
It is just outside the city-center and it can be easily reached with public transportation (tram nr 24 stop is just few meters away and it takes 15 mins to get to Piazza Duomo). There is also car parking along the neighbouring streets but it could be difficult to find a free spot.
Food is delicious and basically they have starters and then a main dish with meat or fish and plenty of side dishes, and desserts.
I actually had two starters for my lunch, "remolino" and "mamajuana brusketa", both based on deep-fried plantain, and after that, a coconut dessert. Everything was delicious.
Now I'm planning to go back again for dinner, and try one of their main dishes.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant for my husbands birthday on our trip to Milan. The appetizers are amazing and fast I got the sangria and it was delicious the main course we had was the chicken and plantains and it was great as well