Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station
US$253
US$225
Agoda.com
  • Pool
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$311
US$298
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmalpensa airportwifi works wellnice hotelminute walknumber tramtram stopfamily roomnight's sleeppleasant staybusiness hotelchoose this hoteldecent sizebars and restaurantsreception staffthe room was nicestayed nightsconvenient location
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for three nights. The room was a standard Holiday Inn Room and very comparable to rooms in the states. They had a safe and fridge in the room which was important to us. Unfortunately they charged for internet, but again this is a standard Holiday Inn policy. The hotel was only a few blocks from the train station and there is a tram stop right outside which made it very easy to get to the Duomo and other locations around Milan. We even walked to and from the train station with our luggage to travel elsewhere in Italy. The staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor above the lobby, we didnt experience any hotel noise but did hear the Tram going by all night
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnMilan, Direttore at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your stay at our Hotel.
We appreciated the time and effort you have taken to inform us of your experience, Sirs,
Guests such as yourself enable us to maintain the high standard of service expected of us.
We thank you for having chosen our Hotel and look forward to greeting you personally.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

We had nothing but good service from Joshua at the front desk who spent extra time helping me find a hotel in a neighboring city. We also had lots of great interactions with other staff members throughout the stay. Great spot - take the tram in to the duomo in 15 minutes, just outside the door.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
HolidayInnMilan, Direttore at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Garibaldi for one night on a stopover on the way to Rimini. We got a good offer throught the HI website including breakfast for a family room. The room was large enough for a family of tree. The negative point was the smell of the carpet. The carpet smelled very syntetic and was rather annoying. The hotel charges a wifi internet fee of 5 Euro an hour which I think is way to high, this service should be free.The bathrobes we found in the room were very small sizes. My wife could barely put her on, the other one was rather for a child than for an adult. The location of the hotel is close to the center so we left our car at the garage and took the number 2 tram which takes you directly to the Duomo in 10 minutes. The tickets can be bought for 1 Euro at the store across the hotel next to the tram station. The hotel garage cost 12 Euros per day, which is rather cheap compared to other hotels in Milan.
The breakfast was rather disappointing as the coffee and the juices came from a machine and did not taste like anything at all. We decided to drop the breakfast and went to a coffee shop outside of the hotel fro some real coffee and piadina sandwiches.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Aleksandar G

Dear Guests,
We note that, although, in general, you enjoyed your stay with us, you were not happy with
the service your received, I do apologies.
I am very sorry for what has happened (smell carpet and food quality breakfast) and have already taken measure to make amends- I can assure you that we will be alert and attentive to Guest orders in the future.
I hope that I will be able to thank you in person for the trouble you took to write to us and I assure you that, if you give us the change, in the future, I will personally see to doing all I can to make amends.
With renowed apologies, Sincerely,

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Stayed one night - Platinum status wasnt recognised, room type was not upgraded despite hotel not being very busy, no newspaper delivered to room, no typical recognition by way of in room amenities (such as a letter from the GM/FOM, a free drink coupon, bottle of water, etc.). Breakfast was included in my rate - not sure if this is a standard amenity. Very small room with old picture tube TV with two English channels. Exorbitantly priced internet. Staff couldnt advise on the best way to get to Centrale station using public transport - wanted me to take tram 7 and then walk (when the obvious thing would be to stay 2 min longer on the tram and then take the metro line direct to the station). Why they cant put an electric kettle in the room beats me. Unimpressed. The three stars is due to a reasonable rate (57 Euro) I got off a promo.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Dear Guests,
the service your received, I do apologies.
I appreciated your observations and advice and assure already taken measure to make amends.
We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome.
With renowed apologies, Sincerely,

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I would like to thank Adriano, the duty manager and the staff at the hotel for returning my holiday money to me. I checked out and left a very large sum of money in my room. Adriano and his staff took the time and trouble to return the money to my home address in England. I can't thank them enough. Such kindness and honesty is amazing. Thank you.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I would like to express my sincerest thanks for the observations you sent me regarding services at our Hotel and last but not least the HONESTY of my Staff.