1,352 results
All reviews il carpaccio porta venezia corso buenos aires nice hotel minute walk breakfast room central station stayed nights walking distance reception staff very pleasant stay quiet street main attractions city centre lake como rooms are small croissants
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Nice location, fairly central not far from the train station (10 min walk) .
Size of the room was nice, and the breakfast was good with great service/staff.

Still,- I miss the friendly welcome telling me that they are so happy to see me there and that they really wanted me back. Why is it so hard to say "welcome back"! Another impression that I am stuck with is sound isolation - the doors to the room were far from sound proof. It felt like we were sleeping with the door open all night.

There is a potential here, and on a good day (maybe we met the wrong guys) - this is a "very good" hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AstridFredrik
troisi, Direttore at Hotel Sanpi Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Mrs Astrid and Mr Fredrik ,

thank you so much for your comment , as you have noted we are nice , good location , very good breakast and nice and clean room , howewer we are not perfect for 100 % it seems that some one at Front desk did not welcome you in a nice way as we normally do with all clients .

I have no word to say of course I apologize for that , I will make all my effort in order to training all my team at the hotel in order to avoid problem like thisin the future.
In the meantime I promise you that your message will be used as a training file in our next trainig session .
looking forward to see you soon again I wish you a nice week end
mauro Troisi
manager

Reviewed 1 May 2012

This terrific little gem is just that, a gem. Great location, very satisfying breakfast choices, helpful, charming staff and when can one describe a European hotel room as spacious.
This room was just that, plenty of closet space, very large bathroom, small desk alcove, just quite an overall terrific experience.
I wanted to practice my Italian and the staff was patient with me and even offered suggestions.
I highly recommend this hotel and hope to go back in the future. bnadine

Reviewed 27 April 2012

stayed here for 3 nights good location and the staff were great. Room was a twin bit small for two cases but was nice overlooked the court yard, Bonus was the breakfast the best we have had. would stay there again.

Room tip: ask the size of the room if you need twin beds.
1  Thank laurice b
Reviewed 23 April 2012

If i can describe my room in one word- it will be orange. the room is painted in an orange color. The room is tiny but relatively big compared to other hotels in europe. one can move around but the beds (we had two singles) were really small. The staff are friendly and helpful. The lifts however are cramped and takes forever to arrive. The hotel has no ironing facilities and the breakfast buffet is really meager (coffee is awful especially for italy). Overall the hotel is a lovely place with limited amenities. Also avoid having a room facing the street as the bar across I can be quite rowdy. Having no free internet was really a downer. THe location is nice (about 5-10 mins walk to the MRT). Although there is a part along the road that was a bit "shady" at night. There are a couple of nice italian restaurants across the hotel which serves really nice home cooked italian food.

Room tip: don't choose a room fronting the street lest you want to get woken up by drunks and cars
1  Thank RunnerJaime
troisi, Direttore at Hotel Sanpi Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Melanie ,
I would like to thank you for your comment that seems positive escluding some thinks that I can easily comment :
- we are a boutique hotel with all rooms different , as far as I can imagine the room you had is a standard one with parquet desined by a famous contemporany architet , the size is not so big because we are into the city center of Milan , only 10 min walking to the Duomo square and 200 meter far from shopping center.
- regarding Iron facilities in the room , we haven't it because not allowed by Italian low for a fire security reason ;
-we offer free wifi services according to the rate you have booked , however cost is very low comparing to the service (only 15 Euro for 24 connection real time that you can split during your stay )
- as we are in down town of a big city sometimes you can fill not safe or you can hear some noise from the street , however I can say that nothing happen to our guests in the past 20 years in th area.
- regarding restaurant and bar in front the hotel , those restaurants are Italian and really nice and appreciated by our guests , the bar may be not so appreciated by all our guests because the bar owner is from Etiopia , but they are professional and at 10.30 pm they close so if there is some noise somethimes due to Football tv programme they end it at 10.30 pm max.
Hoping to see you soon again I wish you a nice day
mauro Troisi
hotel manager

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed 4 nights, 11 - 15th April 2012. The hotel is a small boutique hotel. Rooms are small and very clean. Good choices for Breakfast. Couldn't say enough about the staff, all staff throughout the hotel were very helpful and friendly and speak good English. Close to shopping area with "high street" shops. Centrally located to Metro, Tram and Central Station. Would stay at this hotel if I return to Milan.

B. Ireland

Room tip: Ask for a room with tea/coffee making factilities, not all rooms have this facility.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple