“Very dissapointing! The staff is not equiped to deal with guests.”
Review of Andreola Hotel

Andreola Hotel
Ranked #99 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Very dissapointing! The staff is not equiped to deal with guests.”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We've spent three nights in this Hotel and unfortunately I have never experienced such bad service ever. First night at 2am all the lights and airconditioning stopped working. Not a single leaflet in the room telling me what the phone number of the reception is. When I went to reception desk early in the morning they actually laughed at me that I didn't know it was 9... How should I know? Twice did someone of the staff enter my room unannounced - during the night...when I was in my bed trying to sleep. Also this they denied. When the 2nd day I again couldnt get into my room because the key was failing, as well as all the lights and airco, I actually had to beg for a different room. There is no WIFI. They sell you WIFI for 20 euros, but that only works on one laptop and you can only use it in the lounge. Not in your room, but that they don't tell. When you complain or asked questions about things, they all just say it is your problem. Not theirs.
The staff is rude and not service minded. I have never actually been so dissapointed that I have taken the effort to write a review, but this hotel tops it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Willemijns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The people at the reception where unfriendly and they did not feel responsible at all for anything in the hotel.
With check out there was nobody how was responsible to talk about the bad wifi connection. The receptionist only told me to fill in a suggestion form and have let me pay for no wifi at all.
The worst thing is he said fu** when I gave him my credit card because something was not working behind his desk.
All thougt the rooms where nice and clean. Only because off the staff behind the reception I will never return there.

• Stayed July 2011
CAMPAMARCY, Responsabile reception at Andreola Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Dear Sir or Madame,

I have just read through your comment about the service in Hotel and of course you have made me feel quite upset but, no excuse about this matter. The Management like to strong apologize and ask really sorry about this unconvenience and we will go deep about this situation. If you feel to inquiry me again you can reach me at the following e-mail mcampanella@andreolahotel.it. Of course I will show your comment to our staff and have tough discussion with them. It is unacceptable, I realize.
Hope you will return again in our Hotel and see our improvement. Thanks for writing your comment. Marcello Campanella - Front Office Manager.
Adelaide
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My wife and I stayed her for 2 nights 28/4-30/4 in room 212. It was shown as a 4 star hotel and we'd not argue, based on European assessments. Good staff, comfortable room and beds, clean and in a brilliant location for us as train travellers. We bought and used a day pass on the metro, brilliant. Good breakfast, only annoyance was that the room was hot and they did not seem to be able to fix it, albeit with a disarming smile and hands spead..Not cheap but this was Milan.
The restaurants, take your pick . The Duomo and the adjacent Gallery, La Scala Opera House, Via Spadri and Pecks, Restaurant la Petit near the hotel. Just beaut.

Room Tip: Just stay there
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SouthOztraveller
singapore
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Good location. No free wifi.. It is chargeable. The rooms are alright. Dinner at the top floor restaurant was very nice. There was only one waiter but he was efficient n helpful.

• Stayed June 2011
Gisborne, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We arrived at the Andreola Hotel, tired and bedraggled after a 30-hour flight from New Zealand - the lovely man at the reception desk took one look at us and decided to give us an upgrade to the top floor suite which was absolutely gorgeous. There was a huge bedroom, separate sitting room and spacious tiled bathroom with a double-sized shower. The three rooms were beautifully furnished with magificent views of the Duomo and surrounding landscape. We opted to walk all the way to the Duomo, fortress, shopping streets and galleria but you could take a bus, tram or Metro. The hotel is about a five minute walk from the railway and bus station so it is ideally located for people catching a bus or train from the airport to the central city. The breakfast was outstanding with delicious fresh fruit, cereals, pastries, eggs and cold cuts. Must do: arrive at the Duomo at 9.30am and be the first to climb up the steps to the roof of the cathedral where you are high amongst the spires and can see the Swiss mountains on a fine day. Be sure to be at a bar at 5 or 6pm for apperativo time where they serve free nibbles if you buy a glass of wine, beer or cocktails!
Justine and Chris Tyerman, Gisborne, New Zealand.

Room Tip: Book the top floor suite - fabulous!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple