“Nice hotel i crazy city of Milano”

WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo
Ranked #59 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Warsaw, Poland
“Nice hotel i crazy city of Milano”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

ok, maybe not so crazy as some of Maroccan Cities, but Milan IMPO will for ever stay a city were something went wrong in developement. Anyway going back to hotel itself. We stayed in Cristoforo Colombo Hotel for only one night (a step in longer trip) and for that purpose it was really nice. The hotel is in general very clean and quite new (maybe the elevator is not so young, but room amenities look quite new, for sure they dont look old and used). Following the bright sides the breakfast is really good (with good italian coffee :)), and the cosmetics left in hotel are really nice. On the dark side of force the rooms are quite small (at least the one we had was) and the view was not very promising (although we didnt spent there a lot of time so i didnt matter for us).
Hotel is quite near subway station, and is in a walking distance from the "main" parts of milano (those with shops). Also in near vicinity there are shops and some small restaurants.

In overall a good hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kazikss
HotelColombo, General Manager at WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Good morning,

thank you for your review and information you shared on the high level of cleanliness and service. Concerning the view, next time you visit us, ask for a room overlooking Corso Buenos Aires and you won't be disappointed.

Have a good day

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eindhoven
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Stayed one night in a single room at this hotel. The location is great, at the start of the shopping street and close to the Metro station. The room was quite small, and the bed not very good. The flatscreen TV unfortunately only showed a few Italian channels and CNN, so not much to watch at night. I did appreciate the coffee and tea-making facilities, the complementary bathroom items, slippers and bathrobe. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was decorated and furnished in a nice style. Breakfast was not as I had expected, with only a small selection of bread and fruit. Have definitely had better breakfasts in 4-star hotels and in Milan.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I recently stayed at the Hotel Christoforo Columbo when I was in Milan for a combination work/pleasure stay. I was there for a total of five nights and thoroughly enjoyed my time at this hotel. The hotel was beautifully done up, and when I was there it was decorated for the holiday season to be even prettier. Yes, my room was small, but it was all that I needed, and it was well appointed. Yes, I did stay on the first floor, and you can hear the metro as it goes by underneath the hotel, but I didn't find it disturbing and the metro doesn't run between midnight and 6am, so it wasn't an issue for me. I loved the fact that the mini bar had extra room so I could put my self-catering items in it as needed. The included breakfast every morning was really nice and all I needed - choice of scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, various fresh and tinned fruits, yoghurts and cereal or granola, cold cuts, and pastries - way more than I would usually have at home! For the business side of things I loved the fact that the wifi was free - didn't seem to be the case for many of the hotels in Milan I scouted out on Tripadvisor before I left. The location was perfect for me - right by the metro station and in the centre of everything. I was easily able to get all over the city for meetings and sightseeing, and the hotel staff was really friendly and helpful. I would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from the metro
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank zentarsus
Good morning,

thank you for your precious feedback. I am very glad that you think our hotel was an excellent choice both for the tourist and business aspects of your stay and you enjoyed all provided services.

Kindest regards

General mager
Jeddah
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I check in late night room was bad
first impression of milan was OH NOOO
but early morning I receive a call from recep.
to change to much better room for free as a compliment from hotel managment
I like milan I like italy
I like best western Hotel

Room Tip: ask about street view room is amazing 2nd floor to be close to the street and hear italian speak thi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Good morning,

thank you for your review. We always do everything in our power to offer the best stay to our client. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and we hope to host you again at BW Premier Hotel Cristoforo Colombo.

Kindest regards

Bucharest
Reviewed 22 November 2011

It is pretty well located (500 m from central station and 500 m from Duomo). Nice, but especially the single rooms are very narrow. Price is not too fair.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eugenius58
Good morning,

thank you for your review. BW Premier Hotel Cristoforo Colombo offers to its clients a vast array of room types. If you decide to stay with us again in the future, please ask to speak to our reservation manager, who will surely advise the best solution for you.

Best regards