“Rather pretentious and low quality”
Review of Bellariva

Bellariva
Ranked #2,687 of 9,172 Restaurants in Milan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navigli
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I had lunch at this restaurant situated along the Naviglia Grande in a pedestrian area. Setting is wuiet agreable especially when there is sun. One of the suggestions was a luke warm salad with monkfish. There was no dressing or sauce, a mixed salad you buy in the supermarket and some potatoes and cooked fish.
Very disappointing and tasteless ...
Service was rather arrogant, when paying the bill to the owner a “thank you” or “bye bye” seemed to much : not a word ...
not exactly the service that we know in Italy

Reviewed 15 November 2017

It was promising, but when I sat down, and heard only languages OTHER than Italian, I knew that this was a great mistake.

No, not the worst meal I had in Milan, but surely not one of the best.

I had the "Costoletta di vitello alla Milanese con patate" veal cutlet with potatoes. The cutlet was pounded thin, and they left the bone in... cute. It had, no flavor, it could have been anything between two layers of bread crumbs. The potatoes, also, blah.

I ordered a side of Insalata mista. I expected, something reminiscent of what I would get an ANY upscale, Italian restaurant in New York. What I got... white romaine, carrots, red cabbage and... a cherry tomato. Something I would expect from a family restaurant in Kansas.

Oh yes, the mandatory Bread Service, for €2.5, the whitest, most flavorless "Italian bread" that I have ever eaten.

I total waste of time, energy, and money.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I have visited this restaurant on many occasions previously for lunch/drinks. We visited for dinner on this occasion with friends from the UK. We were not disappointed. The food was beautiful and the ambiance was welcoming. Good service and clean areas.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Nice place for a quiet dinner, great service. You couldn't hear the rowdy folks in the back bar much at all, despite there being a Milan football match on the TV. Good meal - bruschetta, wine, and homemade tagliatelle for €30.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We came here on a Satueday night, waiters were friendly even in busy times. Food arrived timely however we waited for some time for the bill.
Price is good compared to other restaurants on the same street.