“Beautiful hotel”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #5 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Hotel
Beautiful traditional carefully renovated hotel (the hotel describes it as old world luxury from the 20s and I fully agree) in walking distance to main shopping area. To the duomo it's a bit further to walk, but there is a metro nearby and I guess it should not take more then 2-3 stops. Across the street is a nice sized park for walking or jogging.
Room
I stayed in a deluxe premium room. The bathroom was brand new, modern, light. The bedroom's style is more in line with the overall hotel appearance, but newly renovated. I loved it.
Well, they are very friendly and making an effort, but not always entirely getting it right. The staff who brought me to my room didn't speak a word of English. I asked specifically for a quite room, just to figure out next morning around 10 that they were renovating in one of the neighbouring rooms. It was only short though and didn't bother me. When I mentioned this at check-out, they profoundly appologised and said they didn't know they would work during the week - I just hope they don't work on weekends.
Breakfast
Absolutely phantastic! I had the best egg benedict of my life! Great choice, great quality.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
PrincipediSavoia, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having chosen the Principe di Savoia whilst recently in Milan and for having taken the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am grateful for your kind comments as exceptional service is what we strive and like to be known for as it help us to provide a memorable experience to our valued Guests.
I look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back to your Milanese home upon your next trip to Milan.

Yours sincerely,

Antonella Sgobba
Director of Sales & Marketing,
Hotel Principe di Savoia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,993)

Reviewed 27 September 2010

This is supposed to be one of the 8 Dorchester group hotels and so i was really excited about this stay in MIlan. The Hotel is one of the finest i have been to. Trull;y amazing experience. Expensive no doubt, but then you knew it would be so. This hotel has a regal charm, luxury with opulance. I am happy i chose this hotel over some other modern options near the city centre. This is a truly enriching expereince and is strongly recommended in case you can afford it. Maybe i cannot afford it the next time either, but it was truly worth it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Have stayed in a lot of luxury hotels but this must be the best decorated hotel I've ever been in. We had a deluxe mosaic room which was beautiful, only downside was you could hear noise from the corridor outside so would benefit from an internal door as otherwise was very quiet. Outrageously expensive drinks, food etc. but not a great surprise. Concierge helpful and booked us into a good restaurant he recommeded. Very busy and lively and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Superb room, very good service, even a limo service to the center of the city.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I booked a tower jr. suite at the Principe di Savoia, Milan, through my travel agent. When I got to Milan, the receptionist tells us that the tower is in works. I argued that their website did not mention that, and that I had chosen his hotel because of the jr. suite (two separate rooms, bed and living room) and of course the price for the package deal. (EUR 260 incl. continental breakfast and taxes + USD 100 minibar credit) He called the hotel manager who did not hesitate in giving me the newly refurbished ambassador suite in the main hotel. This was done swiftly and with great courtesy.
At check out , I was prepared to argue over the pricing as some of the conditions had been altered. The breakfast for two (in room) came with a check of EUR 74.- although my package did include it. I did consume minibar. So I was prepared to find those expenses in my bill at check out and also I was prepared to argue. But no. All conditions were respected, there was no in-room charge for the breakfast, neither minibar. I was pleased. Moreover, the whole staff is very nice and very accomodating and courteous whereever you would walk through the hotel. A great 5-star experience at a very nice price.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple