2,178 results
All reviews limousine service dorchester collection mosaic room di parma beautiful hotel luxury hotel premium room concierge desk top floor room service turn down service fashion week four seasons junior suite an upgrade park hyatt the hotel offers
Reviewed 4 February 2010

An extraordinary experience awaits you if you are thinking about staying at the Principe di Savoia.
I was a bit sceptic regarding the hotel location but this is not a problem thanks to the fabulous limo service to Via Monte Napoleone every 30min.

My stay was a dream from the beginning to the end. The doorman is extremely polite and always smiles to you; he also does speak a very good French. I have been upgraded to a Mosaic Room which was absolutely stunning, around 450 sq ft, on the 7th floor with a dream bathroom. Rooms have been perfectly renovated and it is flawless.

The breakfast is stunning with outstanding choice available, and it was included in our price.

The Spa, Club 10, is well known in Milano and believe me, you will not regret it. The price are especially low for a 5 star hotel.

The bar has a great ambiance. Good and very cute DJ girl, delicious cocktails with prices that are acceptable for this level of service.

The best thing about this hotel ? definitely the service. You have a question, a need or a wish ? Ask Lorenzo, probably the best concierge in all the 5 star hotels I have been staying at. He is just extraordinary, found reservations in trendy places at the last minute, availability in a Spa in town for a manucure since the Club 10 was fully booked, a store with 2nd hand watches at a great price.

It was like a dream ! I was wondering about staying at the Four Seasons or the Park Hyatt... I will never try another hotel in Milano, this is now my home in Milano and what a home...

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank SeamasterFrance
Reviewed 24 January 2010

I have come many times to Principe di Savoia for business purposes and each time was a great stay. The service was impeccable, the rooms were big and clean even tough the furniture style isn't really my type.
The buffet breakfast is one of the most alluring I've seen and so delicious with only fresh products. The outdoor terrace is very nice during sunny time to enjoy a drink or take diner.
Also one of the place to be during fashion weeks where you can meet all the international star scene

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2010

everything was excellent. the room, the breakfast, the personnel. The complimentary limousine, my God, I felt so special staying in this hotel.I hope they'll keep the prices in this level so I can afford and stay again soon. In adition the metro station was in front of the hotel ,the tram a few meters also. The windows open windly in the room and I could enjoy smoking.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2009

I am such a Hotel snob who will never stay at the same Hotel twice ... but here I am again, staying for the second time. Though this time, we didn't get bumped up to an Elegant Suite like we did the last time, we still managed a small upgrade to a renovated room (ie Premium Deluxe), thus, still a saving of about 120 euros.

And this happens in a supposedly lower key winter season, as compared to a hot September's day last year, I am really baffled! Maybe its cos the Hotel is no longer a member of the Leading Hotel's Group anymore? That being said, our requests of a higher floor, quiet room, with a small fan were all being met with - allocated a room on the 8th floor (835), facing the main Piazza della Republicca. Strangely enough, it was very quiet indeed.

Oddly enough, my initial fears of a very small room were unfounded as this room is really quite spacious, not at all small! In some hotels we had been to, this might even be sold as a Junior suite, believe it or not. A huge flat screen TV, allowing us to view more than a hundred channels, what more to ask for?

Its bathroom, like the Elegant Suite, was all clad in the same light coloured marble, from top to floor. And there is even a big tub for some good soaking, before a 13 hours flight home the next day. And for the Deluxe room, the same Aqua di Parma products had been issued, thumbs up! All furnitures esp. the wardrobe smelt new, even the silk walls are new.

We then had lunch at its beautiful Acanto Ristorante, very good but expensive partly cos it was Christmas Eve, the bill had come up to 111 euros for two. Breakfasts the next day, wasn't served at the Acanto anymore, but just as good as the first visit, with 4 types of freshly squeezed juices - orange, lemon, strawberry, mixed berry on offer.

Again, we took the Hotel's stretch Limousine to the La Scala area for our usual shopping fix. And managed to get a super large Hotel umbrella as it was raining cats and dogs on Christmas Eve. Branded shops either close at 5pm or 6pm - do take note.

Had realized the Hotel's common areas had gone through some renovations - new sitting area in front of reception, new breakfast room, new Bar (prefer the older dome ceiling to the present one). Overall, you could see the Hotel is not one which sits on its laurels, it is constantly upgrading itself, keeping up with the times so to speak.

Lastly, our 3 little gripes of staying here are - the bed is huge but a tad too hard for comfort (maybe its too new?), Aqua naturale in room costs 8 euros for a small bottle (ouch!), the location of the Hotel is not close to any food nor shopping outlets (hence, they provide the limousine service). Will we return for the third time again, maybe yes, just maybe.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a few times before and have been impressed every time. The rooms are very spacious and luxurious. The bathroom is huge with good lighting, as well as aqua di parma toiletries! I have stayed at the Westin next door a few times as well, but would definitely recommend the Principe by far!
The downsides, however, are: location (the hotel is located on a roundabout and the surrounding areas are quite industrial.. although the city centre is an easy 10 min cab ride away) and price (eating and drinking is v expensive there so i would suggest going out... and watch out for the mineral water bill!)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business