“Very nice hotel - connecting room too loud!”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #5 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I spent two nights here for a conference. Well located, friendly staff, good sized rooms. The only issue I had was a very loud family next to me. The rooms had a connecting door which doesn’t help with sound proofing.
Would come back but confirm that I wasn’t in such a room next time.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Colombus72,
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to read that you appreciated our staff and our rooms.
I am sorry to hear that your room was noisy, our staff would have changed your room promptly.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon!

Ezio Indiani

Write a ReviewReviews (1,972)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were expecting a more standardized, corporate experience but the staff were very cordial and offered a very personal level of service. Since the hotel was refurbished very recently, last year, the decoration, furniture and condition of every corner of the hotel were impeccable. Original historic detail such as the original marquetry work of the guest room doors has been beautifully restored, while interpolating it with contemporary elements to breathe fresh energy into this venerable grand dame.

When we were stranded at Fiera Milano at 11 pm after a tennis tournament, I called Francesco, who had checked us in at the front desk, to help us find some way to get us home. He immediately had the concierge desk call me back to discuss transportation options. When we left our electric toothbrush at the hotel and emailed them the same day, after business hours, to request them to leave it at the front desk for our pick-up, they emailed me back within 5 minutes. All members of staff were gracious and warm without being obsequious or canned. The hotel is redolent of history without any of the stuffiness you might associate with such a storied property. Finally, at the rate of £300 or below, the hotel is a bargain compared to the other five-star options which are mostly twice the price (Four Seasons, Bulgari, Armani, Park Hyatt). We feel lucky to have discovered this hotel, will definitely stay there again and will probably seek out other Dorchester Collection hotels due to the very positive experience we had the at the Principe di Savoia.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It is absolutely the best hotel in town!!! Great rooms , unique service , top location ... just five minutes from the shopping streets !!! SPA on the 10th floor with fantastic treatments, sauna Turkish bath and sauna !! Gym !!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear sir,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It makes me extremely happy to read that you appreciated the rooms, the location and the staff service as this is our priority. I am also pleased to read that you took advantage of our Club 10 Spa & Fitness Centre.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Frequent visitor to Milan, usually stay at the Hilton, LaGare or Park Hyatt (all excellent hotels). Had wanted to stay at the Principe di Savoia for awhile, very happy I did. It's everything a palace hotel should be. Gracious staff at reception, concierge desk, in the lounge and restaurant, and in housekeeping. Beautiful, wonderfully over-the top Italian decor, fantastic attention to detail, outstanding beds and soundproofing. The concierge was one of the best I've ever met. I usually prefer room service for breakfast, but the buffet is one of the best I've ever had - well worth getting dressed and going downstairs. I would add the prices are usually well below the competition, and the hotel (especially on weekends and off-season) is an outstanding value. Going back to the hotel on New Years Day for several days instead of one day like last time. Once you stay here you will want to go back.

Room Tip: Consider paying a little extra for a deluxe room - larger, better view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear sir or madame,
Thank you so much for the exquisite review of the Hotel Principe di Savoia. It makes me extremely proud to read that you found the service excellent as this is our priority. Rest assured that I will share your kind words with all my staff.
I am also happy to read that you will come back for several days and really hope you will celebrate New Year's Eve with a very special dinner at our Acanto Restaurant.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Warm regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a wonderful stay. For us, the main thing that made the hotel stand out was the service - the concierge was very helpful, arranging tours for us and even arranging to have my shoes repaired. The housekeeping service was also to a very high standard. The hotel also left a lovely surprise in our room to mark my husband's birthday, which was a very nice touch, and the doorman was also very charming. We felt well looked after which is exactly what one wants in a luxury hotel. One thing that could be improved is the breakfast offering, with more focus on healthier options without sugar - for example, a selection of nuts, seeds and superfoods, more yogurts without sugar, dairy free bircher muesli and green juice. There were some vegan items but they mostly contained sugar. But overall, we had a wonderful stay.

Stayed: November 2017

Dear NMB212,
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed our Hotel and appreciated our staff, services offered by our Concierge and high standards of Dorchester Collection.
We are also pleased to accept your suggestion on what we could improve to make breakfast experience outstanding.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon