“Just returned”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #4 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Our experience was wonderful, with just a few glitches.
We thought the staff from the front doormen, front desk, concierges were wonderful.
Unfortunately for us, we arrived in Milan during August when most everyoNe from Milan ,that can, is gone out of the city.
We came armed with a full list of restaurants and alas, they were all closed.
The concierge was able to help us with reservations in a few, but they weren't on par to where I wanted to eat.
Not his fault, it was ours. We should have checked before scheduling our trip.
The room was wonderful- view not so much.
The biggest problem was a very faulty Internet service. They really have to do something to fix that. It's very tough to get any work done when it kept shutting itself down..

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear dblh4011,
thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.
As you noticed, August is full summer in Italy. Milan slows its pace down, and while this allows tourists to have a better, less crowded experience, it can be distressing as some restaurants and bars that operate full time throughout the year shut down. I am sure that our concierge did their best to find acceptable solutions for you.

If you could be so kind as to contact me, I would like to investigate further your problem with the internet connection.

We hope to welcome you back to Hotel Principe di Savoia in the future.
General Manager - Hotel Principe di Savoia

Write a ReviewReviews (2,013)

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have been lucky enough to have now stayed at this fabulous hotel on 2 seperrate visits. It is a true European style 5 star hotel. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the service is amazing and so friendly. The location is perfect too. For a treat dine in the hotel's restaurant for dinner - you will not be dissapointed - if the weather permits ask to dine in the garden it is an oasis. However go on an empty stomach - the food is plentiful and world class. For the first time I tried out the fitness centre (free for hotel guests) - it is like the rest of the hotel - simply outstanding. I am already looking forward to my stay in 2013! Thank you to all at the Hotel Principe Di Savoia for another wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear Geeman63,
thank you for publishing your kind comments about your recent stay at Principe di Savoia.
I am glad to learn that you had the time to try both the fitness centre and the restaurant - we like to give our business guests the chance to enjoy an experience of relaxation and well being.

We shall certainly be most glad to welcome you back here with us upon your next trip to Milan.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I arrived in the hotel before noon and not only got I immediate check-in but an upgrade from the lowest room category I had booked to a lovely ambassador jr. suite. In addition to that I was met by the room division manager who gave a very warm welcome to the hotel. Then a third person escorted me to my room and introduced the hotel and the room. I also had a greeting card from the hotel manager with a bottle of Ferrari spumante and a bowl of fresh fruits. What a welcome!

Room was absolutely amazing with classic decor. It had a working/living room, excellent bedroom and spacious bathroom with separate bath and shower (and Aqua di Parma bath ameneties).

Hotel has a nice top-floor spa with good swimming pool and jacuzzi. The outdoor terrace is perfect place to relax and take some sun after spending some time in the pool.

I ate at the Acanto restaurant a dinner in the outdoor patio which was a fantastic experience. I also had few drinks in the Il Salotto and again the service was of the highest quality and drinks in the evenings had a huge amount of all kinds of (warm and cold) small things to eat. Buffet breakfast (included in the room rate) was magnificient.

All in all, Hotel Principe Di Savoia is absolutely worth every euro spent. Indeed, compared to other high end hotels in Milan Principe di Savoia represents excellent value for money. I paid 230 euros per night and just to compare, for example, FS and Bvlgari in Milan charge easily 2.5 times higher price per hight ( I visited both of them and I can assure you that they really aren't 2.5 times better than Principe di Savoia - on the contrary I would say).

The only negative (and this is not a big issue) is the fact that the hotel is located a bit off the track from the main shopping and touristic areas. But then on the other had it is close to business district and central station. Hotel also offers complimentary car service to the shopping district every 15 mins in peak hours.

I can highly and warmly recommend this hotel when in Milan.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear HeavyTraveller73,
thank you for your kind review and pictures.
I am pleased to read that you truly appreciated the quality of service received during your stay at Principe di Savoia, whether in room or at the Spa and restaurant.
It will be my pleasure to share your comments with all staff members.

We really hope to welcome you back soon here with us.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice and coming back a third time in November, its for business but we are also a couple so enjoyed it for lots of different reasons. The rooms are luxurious and the customer service excellent. GREAT bar serving GREAT cocktails with GREAT bar staff, very attentive and a lovely restaurant. On our last visit in November 2011 some of the Italian government were in the bar having drinks!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Tracy D,
thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.
I am glad to read that you do not just enjoy your stay here at Principe di Savoia, but also the quality of service provided by our staff.
If you are visiting Milan and Hotel Principe di Savoia again in November or at any other time, please let us know with a private message. We shall be glad to give you and your partner a warm welcome back.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

The rooms are quite nice.The swimming pool is atrocious,freezing and small.
The overall place is quite nice and I enjoyed my stay only to certain extent.

Even though I speak of high quality the actual price for the stay was not worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Hadamar234,
thank you for sharing your review.
I am sorry to hear that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay here with us. We are committed to giving all our Guest an experience of excellence.

I would really appreciate it if you would get in touch with me, either here on Tripadvisor or via email, with a little more information about what exactely did not please you.

Best Regards