1,519 results
All reviews turro metro station large balcony penny market outdoor pool free shuttle nice hotel walk in wardrobe residential area city centre shuttle service minute walk the hotel offers rooms are spacious croissants breakfast was included mini bar duomo
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

sparklingly clean and big rooms with big balcony. Nice and friendly staff. Just walking distance from a lot of restaurants. I would love to rate a delicious and nit pricey restaurant near the hotel but cant remember the name, best carbonara ive tasted.. so far! walking distance to the metro if you want to go to Duomo for 1.5€. breakfast is not fancy but good enough to start your day! nice bar too. Book your taxi to and from airport, the same as taxi charge if you get it from outside, and youll be alot safer with their friendly, respectful and nice drivers who also speaks english

Trip type: Travelled with family
Massimo S, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear Esperanza,
Thank you so much for your awesome review, glad to know you had such a great stay and you loved all our services.

Best Regards,
Massimo Scanu, General Manager

Reviewed 25 October 2018

We stayed at the Ramada mid august. Great location especially if you have a car with secure parking available onsite for free. Metro within walking distance. Excellent breakfast selection. Rooms spacious and clean.

Only downsides to this hotel is we booked directly through their website and they did not take my payment. Even though I tried to address this before arriving, we still had issues with the final bill on check-out. Also they will not let you eat food brought from outside on hotel premises.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Room was nice. Be sure to have necessary adapter. staff was ok to poor. breakfast was good. Still cannot believe the front desk asked for a cash deposit to loan an adapter. My room was at the last building (4) and had not brought my wallet to give the deposit. Had to go back to my room, get wallet, and then back to the front desk, get adapter, then go back to my room. completely unnecessary. Agree with Andreas S the hotel "leaves something to be desired". Thought it was closer to the train station. but nice walk to subway station. did not see anything around to eat. There was a little supermarket close by.

Room tip: pick a room close to the main building
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Massimo S, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear John, thank you for your time spent for writing this review.
We’re sorry for your dissatisfactions: we are usually taking a deposit – as you well know, not every guests are honest-
Every our apartments are at the last building, under our 200 mt promenade that flanking our beautiful garden.
Best Regards,

Massimo Scanu,

Reviewed 22 October 2018

This stay has been a disaster! How do I start? Sorry for the long review already!

We had a Suite last year (4 nights) and an extra for our then 5 years old son the room was great and we had a wonderful time so decided this year we will stay at the hotel again. However the suite was not available at the time of booking (4 nights again) so that the next closest room was the Premium apartment with a separate bedroom and an extra bed. The photos for the Premium Apartment on the website look nice enough and the description says separate bedroom, walk in wardrobe and large balcony and the area of the room is meant to be bigger than the suite - but how wrong was I?

I emailed the hotel before our arrival to confirm extra bed will be in the bed (same as last year), I also asked if we could be allocated to a corner room if possible (like last year) and also requested for the mini cutlery set (as stated on the website to request at the hotel).

So when we arrived, 4 receptionist behind the desk and not one of them looked at us and greeted us and there were no customers there in sight apart from us (at least acknowledge us in some way would be great instead of ignoring us). So we waited about 5 mins before we were served and checked in quickly. We were in room 5504 and when we went to the room it's not what I expected or what the photos shown on the website, its not Premium at all and its not separate bedroom (its open planned with no doors so its a Studio instead) also there was no extra bed but a cot bed instead. Room was dirty with chocolate marks on the wall and small balcony and there were no kitchen cutlery anyway insight. Although I've made the requests for the extra bed and mini cutlery set the hotel couldn't get anything right at all! So I called down reception and queried about the room and they assured me that this is a Premium apartment not a Studio Apartment but I said how can it be when it's not separate bedroom and I felt cheated by the advertisement on the hotel website. I also mentioned about the cot bed because I requested an extra bed not a cot bed for my 6 years old son and also the cutlery set for the kitchen. The receptionist said they will sort it out.

We waited for a while and I had to go down and get some water from the supermarket opposite the hotel so I spoke to the receptionist and showed her the photos on the website showing Premium Apartment, the female receptionist spoke to a male with suit who looks like a manager there but they kept telling me the apartment I have is a Premium Apartment and it has a separate bedroom so I was like how is it a separate bedroom and living area when its open planned with no doors? The apartment was small and I asked if there's other room I can move to or even pay for an upgrade but then eventually they said all their rooms are full and they can't do anything but they can move me to a room the next day with a separate bedroom. (so they know the difference but just lying to me all along). I agreed and also said is someone still coming up to put the extra bed in the room and the cutlery set and they said yes just coming.

Another hour later a male staff came up later and put the kitchen cutlery away in the kitchen cupboard then afterward he was telling us to move from the sofa (there's only one sofa with 2 seats) then he started making a sofa bed, I said hold on I asked for an extra bed like last year and not a sofa bed. He didn't stop and said that's it only sofa bed and when it's opened you cannot walk anywhere in the apartment its unbelievable small room (this is no way bigger than the suite as advertised - again false advertisement)! The man wouldn't stop or try to understand so I had to call the reception again while he was still trying to make up the sofa bed and eventually the receptionist called the man and he stopped and put the sofa bed back to sofa and left.

We went away for dinner after and they managed to put the extra bed for us in the room.

The next day I spoke to the receptionist as advised the day before about the room move and we've packed everything so they can move them for us while we were out and as the new room wasn't ready yet. I double checked they will need to move the extra bed back to the new room and they said yes we will. We were given 5704 so when we came back the room was bigger and its a separate bedroom living room however no extra bed in sight and they've made up a sofa bed instead! Oh my! The TV doesn't work and there is no cutlery set but I don't care anymore I went out and bought some cutleries myself but I had to call up about the extra bed but on the phone I was told the extra bed was there and I said clearly not as I am in the room looking at it - its a sofa bed not an extra bed! Eventually the said they will send someone up and the same male staff came up as he just took the extra bed frame from under the sofa and made up the extra bed in the room. So are they just being lazy and not doing the job properly to begin with? I asked about the broken TV and he tried to fix it but he couldn't so a maintenance came up afterwards to fix it and it's fixed.
Eventually on the evening of the 2nd day I could finally relax, I felt like I was so stressed out because nothing was correct and felt I was being cheated on. Anyway we tried to enjoy ourselves as we love Milan and although this hotel is not in the centre but the metro station Turro is just about 8 mins away (only 7 stops to Duomo) and there is a supermarket Penny market opposite the hotel and a Carrefour supermarket near the metro station and also quite a few restaurants near by. I also have to mentioned the lovely ice cream shop right next to the metro station!

Checking out wasn't so pleasant - the female receptionist didn't ask if we had a good stay or if we needed a taxi or transport. (the usual stuff you would expect from checking out) We asked her afterwards about the airport transfer and she said when do we need it and we said the next available one but she said normally we would have to request in advance and there's none at the moment however afterwards she managed to call a driver but won't be available until 3pm and it's going to be 120 euros to the Malpensa airport although she said the taxi would be around 95-120 euros so she was saying we can just get a taxi instead. Anyway the staff attitude just wasn't great so we thought why gave them the profit so we ordered a Uber instead even though it was more expensive but they were available straight away and the service is always great! Also to mention Uber in Milan is great, they are more expensive however the cars are all premium and lovely!

To summarise we will go back to Milan again next year but I will have doubt about staying at this hotel again which is a shame because we had a great time last year and we are used to the surrounding area as well. Apartment is a no no and you don't get the breakfast included so overall it's actually cheaper staying in the hotel room and you might get a better service?

Advice to the hotel is - can you please update your room descriptions and photos to reflect the correct information otherwise this is misleading and can be classed as false advertisement. And maybe better staff training to improve their customer service skills?

Room tip: Apartment room ending in 04 is larger than room ending in 02 or 00
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Pangster81
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Spent 5 nights here in October and although the executive double room was decent, the extra bed was so-so and the hotel had switched off the AC already. It was 27 degrees outside abd very warm in the room and it was too noisy to leave the doors open at night.

Breakfast is ok, but nothing more.

Also, we made the mistake of trying room service one night. The club sandwich tasted like it was made hours ago and the burger, well suffice to say I only ate the fries.

Trip type: Travelled with family