“Hip outdoor Dining Scene”

Ristorante LaStresa
Ranked #3 of 113 Restaurants in Stresa
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Offered wonderful homemade pastas. Light fare also.
Enjoyed a wonderful tuna tartare. Great wait staff. Fun to sit on there small Terrace and watch people strolling on the walking mall.
Nice wine selection

Reviewed 10 May 2017

I was there one evening to have a solo dinner while waiting for my friend's train to arrive.It's very nice and modern. Staff is very friendly and the food was exquisite. As I wasn't too hungry, I only had the first platter: Pasta. I highly recommend the black tagliatelles with shrimp and bacon. It was superb! And because I always have space for dessert, I tried their amaretto cake. Hmmmm. So soft and sweet. It was perfect! I will definitely come back!

2  Thank Abiby
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Very good and slightly more creative food than most restaurants in this "touristy" part of town. Wine list is also very good and the Gavi di Gavi is a very reliable solid wine from the region guaranteed to please :)

The starters were creative - octopus and the home made pastas (the ones with the little red stars next to them on the menu) were absolutely delicious. Whilst we didnt order meat we saw some mouth watering lamb chops being served on the table next to us.

Really good value for money and a fantastic place for a meal in the centre !

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Very impressive meal - we had tried to book Il Vicoletto, but they were full, so came here instead. Not at all disappointed. Really good food, interesting wines and a grappa to end with. What more do you need? I had a starter of lamb mince with large tubed pasta and then a fish I'd never heard of - ricciola - which was like swordfish steaks. Excellent choice. My wife had the risotto followed by crown of lamb. Wine by the glass was great and very reasonably. Nice touches like an amuse bouche (must be an Italian word for that! Total bill less than €100. Not everyday eating, but fine dinig for sure

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Calm place with great food and kind staff. The black pappardelle with prawns was the best pasta I have ever eaten :)