Lowest prices for your stay
US$155
US$155
Expedia.comUS$131
eDreamsUS$155
Destinia.comUS$160
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2019

Nothing fancy here, just comfort, convenience, and an extremely helpful staff (Elena). The hotel offered reasonably sized rooms (for Europe) at a very reasonable price. The place was clean with a pleasant ambiance. Elena gave us restaurants tips (really good selection in town), directions to the ferries (just a very short stroll away) and helped us book trains for our next stop (Firenze). Breakfast choices were abundant and tasty. This is not the Ritz, but it is not a Holiday Inn or Budgetel either. If you're a walker, you'll love the location -- the city center is an easy reach. And if you're driving, there is parking on the premises.

Room tip: Go for a room away from the lift.
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Moe B
Reviewed 25 October 2019

This hotel was very good. I had a large room with a view of the lake. The interior of the hotel is wonderful, the breakfast area was great and the breakfast was very good. We got to meet one of the owners who was able to tell us about the history of the building as well as what to do in the Stresa area. The price was very good considering the quality of the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: A room with a view of the lake is the best.
Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank bonn1974
Reviewed 13 October 2019

Lovely spot, nicely decorated, helpful staff. Simple and comfortable. Great cold breakfast options and good coffee (when you order from the barista) Only downsides were the thin walls (could hear our neighbours in the morning) and hot breakfast was average.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank shaunjeninew
Reviewed 6 October 2019

I enjoyed my recent stay in Stresa and found the La Fontana a comfortable spot located within walking distance to everything I wanted to do. The owners are welcoming and easily accommodated my need to leave early in the morning by checking me out the night before. The breakfast room is lovely and the food a delicious variety of treats to give you a good start in the morning. I especially appreciated the espresso bar service. My room was clean and attractive with a beautiful view of the lake and mountains beyond. I was traveling by myself so found it big enough, but I think I would ask for a more spacious room if I came back with my husband. The bathroom especially was tiny. My main concern about my room was that the walls were so thin I could hear every flush from next door. Still, that wasn't enough to spoil a very pleasant stay at La Fontana.

Room tip: Rooms on the front side have a lake view.
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 5 September 2019

Had a room with three single beds listed as Garden view but mostly parking lot, but that didnt matter much to us. Nice large windows with shutters and curtains, window ledges you could place things. A/C present in room but rather anemic in the heat wave Stresa was experiencing while we were there. With the fan turned to max there was still very little air flow- not the power blower fans I am used to but it kept room relatively cool. Hotel was fairly quiet. The included breakfast was better than many places that label continental breakfast. For protein there were scrambled eggs, a type of sausage (looked more like large hot dogs to my American eyes) and lovely yogurt! There was granola and other cereals to put in yogurt or to have with milk. There was hot coffee which was a little stronger than most American drip but beside it was hot water so you could easily water it down. Someone was also available to make espresso or cappuccino fresh. There was ALWAYS fresh fruit in the greeting area and it was great. You could also make toasted meat and cheese sandwiches at breakfast and there was a variety of croissants/jellies and toast. It was an easy walk to the train station at at the tip of the main beach road in town. You could walk easily to either of the two ports to catch the water transport.

Date of stay: August 2019