Lowest prices for your stay
US$241
Hotels.comUS$241
PricelineUS$247
getaroom.comUS$293
1,821 results
All reviews riviera travel indoor pool beautiful hotel lake maggiore head waiter yogurt waiters balcony mauro belle jacuzzi shore position bidet milan
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2020

Stayed 2 nights, it was rainy 1day, so I borrowed hotel umbrella (heavily used). After I paid the bill in cash w/their umbrella in hand, tried giving umbrella back, front desk told me I could keep it, I’d just paid for it! I said I’m returning it, hotel REFUSED to give me my $10 back!

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 6 March 2020

If you can visualise how the interior of the titanic might have looked, you'll have an idea of the grand scale of the interior of this hotel. It opened in 1909 so that travellers on the Paris-Istanbul Orient Express could break their journey and enjoy a few days of restful luxury at the beautiful resort of Stresa. The huge reception and dining areas are still beautifully maintained and the view from the dining room across the lake at breakfast is just magnificent. We visited as a group with Riviera travel but we still had a very grand room with a balcony, ensuite with bath, bidet.......bathrobe and slippers. Huge comfy bed with soft cotton bed linen changed daily. There are two large pools, one in the park-like gardens and another indoor pool. Sunloungers and piles of yellow towels freely available for use at the pool. Our meals were good and Mauro our head waiter looked after us with professionalism and humour. We had a lovely week here.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

Don’t stay here if you like to sleep at night. The walls between the rooms are thin wooden board. The sound proofing is zero.

I asked to be moved because of noise, the manager turned nasty (at midnight!) He told me to tackle the people who were making noise or phone the police if I wasn’t happy. The arrogance was shocking. Just don’t book this place, the pictures are deceiving.

Very dusty room. The water coming from the taps was brown, spiders in the sink, black mites in the bathroom floor, and had to pick up circa 20 small bits of broken glass from the rug beside my bed - plus two clipped toe nails.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 11 January 2020

Ok four star hotel. Nice pool, lots of shade, good breakfast. BUT... dont visit if you’re over 1.75m or just enjoy space in general.
The room was extremely small. Needed to keep the luggage in the oversized bathroom to even fit. The most ridiculous however: the hight if the shower. See photo. He’s 1.80 and thats too tall. We complained and staff responded annoyed and unprofessional.

Tip: choose Pietra di Luna instead. Similar price and location, much much higher quality.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 17 December 2019 via mobile

This is a great and very old hotel part of Stresa history. The position of the hotel is just in the center of Stresa and very handy if you wish to visit the three island in Lake Maggiore and it is also very closed to the city center. The only small negative comment is that for the price you pay the room are very small! Great breakfast and staff is very friendly and always ready to help.

Date of stay: December 2019