Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
US$283
Hotels.com
Travelocity
1,961 results
All reviews lake view concierge desk star hotel an upgrade old world isola bella pool area is step back in time amazing hotel public areas buffet breakfast beautiful room cable car artwork terrace hemingway luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2018

This hotel has a stunning location on the lake and an easy 10 min walk to the center of town. We were greeted nicely, car unloaded, everything taken to room and overall, we had excellent service from friendly staff. The hotel is richly decorated in art and has a charming garden around the building. Didn't get a chance to try the spa but it sounded tempting. The room was lovely but we were guests of a host who had arranged a suite for us. Very quiet which is always appreciated. Sometimes you get lucky! We ate breakfasts and one dinner and found the food very good and the dinner meal was excellent. I noticed one reviewer said many of guests were a little older. A bit of truth to that. Probably not the place to go for a wild time. We would love to return some day because it is nice just to relax once in awhile.

Room tip: It is lovely to face the lake.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2018

We stayed here in August and chose the hotel for its location and general luxury.

The room was large and well appointed for such an historic building - we had a balcony overlooking the lake which isn't strictly necessary as you'll be out there enjoying the landscape itself rather than staying in your room gazing out. But it did add to the general 'being on holiday' feel.

The bed was disastrously hard and I see now that I'm not the first person to remark on this. A quick chat with reception and they immediately sent someone to place a soft fitted topper/cover which did help somewhat, but sadly didn't eradicate the issue altogether - I counted the days until I could rest in comfort back home!

The breakfasts have, I see, been described as 'luxurious' by some reviewers. This puzzles me as I found the choice quite limited although perfectly adequate. The ambience of the buffet area is good with lots of space to walk around and little opportunity of bumping into fellow guests.

The staff were almost all universally lovely: helpful, friendly and efficient - what more could you ask for?

We could have chosen to eat at the hotel but generally prefer to research a town and go to the best dining options available. Whilst the hotel has a good reputation for its evening dining I felt the atmosphere might have been a bit 'starchy' for me. Certain guests did look like they'd be used to having their egos massaged which did slightly put me off choosing to dine amongst them.

Please don't get me wrong - I'm not an inverted snob and am never happier than when dining in great restaurants. It's just that sometimes I want a holiday with a more casual, relaxed feel to it. Hope that doesn't come across as too harsh a judgment.

In summary it's a lovely location with lots of plus points, but if you're a side sleeper like me you'll find their beds unbelievably uncomfortable.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kitmania
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

On this trip we were only able to stay seven days in one of our favorite hotels. This is a remarkable hotel in all ways. The staff and management are professional, passionate, pleasant and polite. We intend to return next May for a longer stay. Absolutely wonderful hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 708stephenc
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and really enjoyed our time in this hotel. Clean and decent rooms, great breakfast, nice garden, and in a great location in stresa. A beautiful hotel with great history! We hope to visit it again in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank marobram
Reviewed 29 October 2018

This was my husband's and my second stay at this hotel in Stresa. Our room was large and luxurious overlooking Lake Maggiore. The gardens, hotel décor, restaurant and service made me think I was living in my own fairy tale. The breakfast buffet included scrumptious pastries along with a wide variety of breakfast fare. My husband used the steam and sauna and was impressed with the facilities. The service was excellent in both the bar and restaurant with staff being very attentive. The location is a pleasant walk to the town center. We could return again and again to this lovely hotel.

Room tip: Rooms on the upper floors fronting the street have the best views of the lake
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple